Congratulations on your decision to invest in the computer as a blogger. A blogger needs to create different content types, including documents, images, videos, and much more. But it is essential to have the right configuration in your computer to maintain all content in one place.
Suppose you need to create heavy content like video tutorials. In that case, you can go for a high configured laptop for a better experience. However, lightweight work does not require a high configured computer.
Before deciding which one is perfect for you, reconsider some key points. Let’s go forward and see which is the best computer for blogging.
Key Consideration for Buying a Computer
Size and weight(Portability)
When it’s about buying a laptop for your freelance job, It’s better to take a portable one. Portable devices allow you to work from anywhere in the world, even when you’re traveling.
To take a portable computer, reconsider size and weight. Probably you won’t want a heavy laptop that doesn’t fit into your bag.
Battery capacity smoothen your task because no one wants to be stuck to the wall and plugged in when you may want to work with relaxation. Higher battery capacity allows working without interruption anywhere.
As a blogger, you might have to store and edit different content types like documents, images, audio, and video. Doing such stuff requires enough memory storage. There are 2 types of internal storage devices of a computer: one is HDD, and another is SSD.
- Hard Drive: it requires how much hard drive storage for you depends on your need. If you work with video files, you may need 1TB of storage, but otherwise, 500 GB of the hard drive is also enough for lightweight work.
- Solid State Drive: You can choose Solid State Drive (SSD) if you want to see your laptop’s visible speed. SSD works with better speed than a Hard drive.
When it is the question about your work, It’s obvious you won’t want a laptop which lags now and then. So the performance of the laptop matters. Your computer’s performance depends on the following facts:
- Processor (Intel Processors vs. AMD Processors): Central Processing System (CPU) is the brain of a computer that extends the computer’s performance. To run multiple programs and software, you can use a strong processor. Here is a quick overview of the processors.
- Intel Processors: Intel introduced the latest 10th generation processor. The 10th gen processor is 2 types – Ice lakes and comet lakes. Comet lake provides better raw performance having 14-nanometer chips, and Ice lake provides integrated iris plus graphics with 10-nanometer chips.
- Intel Core i9 is supplementing Core i7. It is giving faster performance than any other chip. If you are using heavy programs and applications, then it is the best. It’s available on high-end gaming rigs, workstations, and premium laptops.
- Intel Core i7 ahead of Core i5, using four cores and higher wattage, allows faster productivity in your computer. But Core i7 Y series have comparatively lower power and performance.
- Intel Core i5 comes with the best configuration considering price and performance. Y series chips have lower power and performance. Still, HQ uses more wattage, which appears in thicker workstations and gaming systems.
- Intel Core i3 lower in quality than core i5
- Intel Xeon suits professional-grade engineering, 3D modeling, or video editing. It is powerful but costly.
Intel Pentium / Celeron offers sluggish performance than other processors. You can do lightweight work smoothly with this processor.
- AMD Ryzen 4000 performs like intel core i5 and core i7. This processor comes with relatively cheaper laptops.
- AMD A, FX, or E series processors give decent performance. It works best with media viewing, productivity, or surfing.
RAM stands for Random Access Memory, which allocates memory to the programs. If you prefer to work on multiple software, having more RAM gives a better user experience. Higher RAM means more productivity, as it allows you to work on different software. Most computers start with 4GB of RAM, but if you work on heavy software, consider working with at least 8 GB RAM.
If you need to work outside with a stable connection, buy a laptop with 4G LTE support. All you need is a data subscription plan. Again, if you need a higher connectivity configuration, go for the laptop that supports Wi-Fi 6. For getting improved connectivity with Bluetooth-enabled devices like mouse and headphones.
Depending upon the configuration, features, and components of a laptop, the price ranges from $500 to $2000. But before investing your money on a laptop having a typical configuration, think twice if it is worth spending your money on that.
5 Best Computers for Blogging
Apple MacBook Pro 13 comes with an ultra-thin shape and stunning Retina Display. It has 10-th generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 16 GB RAM, and Iris plus graphics, suitable for a blogger who needs to edit videos and heavy software. This configuration allows you to work uninterruptedly.
As a blogger, you can research online with over 30 tabs, watch videos, and use heavy software without lag. As it has a better configuration with 256GB, 512GB or 1TB SSD, you can render much more data faster than a hard drive. It has a 13″ screen with Retina 2560×1600 pixels.
Apple MacBook Pro 13 has the same look as notebooks of previous versions. When you open the laptop, the massive trackpad greets you. The trackpad sits beneath the keyboard.
Suppose you are not struggling with your budget. In that case, such a configuration laptop allows you to multitask on your laptop and increase your productivity.
- Lightweight, slim and impressive performance.
- Have longer battery life
- Touch Bar and Touch id sensor
- It has an improved 720p webcam with a faster SSD and sleek design.
- Have four thunderbolts 3 ports(USB)
- Storage limited
(2) Asus ZenBook 13
Considering the design and quality, Asus Zenbook is the right one for writers and bloggers. It has an aluminum body weighing 2.45 Ibs. This laptop allows you to multitask and gives a smooth performance. It has a display of 1920× 1080 resolution having an Intel UHD graphics processor.
To ensure faster data transfer speed, storage, memory, and performance, it has 256 GB SSD and 8GB RAM. You can open up multiple tabs on your browser to research topics. This laptop gives an excellent performance as it has a 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Core Processor.
With ZenBook, you can access your laptop using a fingerprint scanner. It allows excellent connectivity with 802.11 a/c Wi-Fi and HDMI/D-SUB /USB Type C. Zenbook has a battery life of up to 22 hrs long at a reasonable price.
- Less expensive
- Supports USB 3.1 Type C
- The touchpad is not comfortable enough
- Needs ethernet
Acer Aspire R15 has a full HD screen that comes with color output and high build quality. It has a premium aluminum design with a fantastic keyboard and a vibrant 15.6-inch display.
This laptop has 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, and 12 GB RAM allows you to work on multiple software and browser tabs.
This laptop allows you to bend back. Its aluminum lid 360 degrees more like a laptop, flat, tablet, tent, or any display mode. The notebook deck has the same look as the aluminum lid. It is thin and rigid as there is a bit of flex when you press it in the palm rest.Supports NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM.
It weighs 4.74 lbs, which is relatively lighter. It has three USB ports, an HDMI port, and a headphone jack.
- It has a Lightweight design with a colorful display.
- Responsive and comfortable keyboard.
- Smooth performance.
- Fingerprint reader
- Reflective monitor.
- Inefficient camera.
- The hard drive responds slowly.
4. Dell Inspiron 15 5593
Dell Inspiron 15 has a display of 15.60 inches ( 1366×768) Truelife LED-backlit display and 1920×1080 pixels resolution. This laptop has10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 ,1.00GHz to 3.60 GHz frequency with 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB M 2 PCIe NVMe SSD Storage, and a 6 M cache processor to ensure excellent performance for professionals. This configuration allows you to work on different tabs on the browser and also on heavy software.
Battery capacity is not satisfactory enough as it runs approximately 4hrs on a single charge. This laptop weighs 6LB, which is comparatively heavy. It has Intel UHD Graphics coprocessor, which gives a beautiful look to the display. It supports a multi-touch trackpad with integrated buttons.
- Price within budget.
- Have touchscreen display
- Overheat while using.
- Average performance during heavy work.
- Lower battery life
Lenovo Ideapad 3 is a good fit affordable laptop for writers and bloggers who do not need to work on earth-shattering power. It has a 14 Inches HD (1366×768) display with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors,8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, which allows you to work smoothly on the laptop. But it is hard to work on heavy software. Moreover; It gives an integrated graphics card, which is a part of the Core i3 processor. You do not get any additional graphics cards.
Lenovo Ideapad 3 is not the right choice to work outside. It has a battery capacity of 35Wh, which is comparatively lower. It weighs3.30 lbs Ibs which is good enough to carry when traveling.
- Affordable price
- comfortable keyboard for work.
- It Supports PCIe ×4 and SD cards.
- Screen quality is not good enough
- There is no option for USB-C
- Low battery capacity
- Build quality could be better.
Good things come with a reasonable budget. To buy a laptop with a good configuration, you need to spend a fair amount of money. If you are not struggling with your budget and ready to spend a fair amount to buy a well-configured laptop, Apple Macbook Pro 13 is the right choice. Lenovo Ideapad 3 is good enough to do your day-to-day task with an affordable budget. A blogger who does not work on heavy software can buy this laptop. If you want a well-configured laptop with a mid-range budget, then go for ASUS ZenBook 13.
By this time, I assumed that this article helped you decide which one is the best computer for blogging. If it is possible to spend more to invest in your business, go for the best-configured laptop that enhances your creativity and productivity.