SEO reporting tools provide you with insights into what is happening on your site and helps you monitor your SEO activities. It generates reports about your website’s traffic, backlinks, and keywords to help you understand how the site is performing in search engine rankings.
The information of the SEO tool will help you optimize your SEO efforts in order to get more visitors from search engine results.
In this article, I will review 9 of the best SEO reporting tools on the market!
What Is SEO Reporting Software?
SEO reporting software is a tool for content marketers/bloggers to analyze how the different pieces of their content are performing.
It gives them an idea about what types of posts perform better and which ones need improvement in order to rank higher on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
The most basic form of SEO reporting tool is to analyze your content by keyword and shows how many times the keywords were mentioned on your site.
It also tracks what pages are performing better than others in terms of traffic to help you understand where to invest time and resources.
One of its most important features is that it will tell you whether or not a certain post was shared/liked/commented on social media sites.
It also provides information on the best time of day to post a certain type of content and what days are most effective for getting traffic from social shares, etc.
However, the SEO reporting software is such an amazing tool that will help you understand how your posts are performing in order to improve them. It also tracks keywords mentioned as well as social media shares and many more SEO things.
Why Use A SEO Reporting Tool?
There are many reasons to use an SEO tool. But one word is a great way to measure and track your SEO efforts.
These tools are often necessary addition to any company’s digital marketing arsenal because they allow you to keep on top of your rankings, monitor keyword performance, identify opportunities for growth, get insights into what people find important about your brand and what they don’t like, and much more.
Key Factors For Choosing The Best SEO Reporting Tool
There are many factors to choose the best tool for SEO reporting. Below are a few factors that you should consider before using or buying any premium tool for SEO analysis.
- Company size and SEO requirements.
- Do you need a single tool or multiple tools?
- How many tasks will the SEO report software help with?
- Is it important to have information from other sources like keyword research, on-site optimization, and social media marketing in your reports?
- What type of reporting are you looking for: basic metrics (e.g. ranking, traffic), more advanced metrics (e.g. click-through rates, content engagement rate), or a combination of both?
- Are you looking for an SEO reporting tool that is integrated with other tools such as web analytics and project management software?
What Are Some Of The Top Features You Should Be Looking For In A SEO Reporting Tool?
The top features you should be looking for in an SEO reporting tool are:
File formats for download– Ability to generate reports in a variety of formats, including PDF, CSV, and excel.
Report for Various sources– Reports for keywords, competitors, links that let you compare performance over time.
Social Insights– Insight for social media audience size (Facebook likes, Tweets) that will help you determine where to best allocate your marketing resources.
Provide accurate results– A reporting tool should be accurate and up to date with the most recent changes in SEO best practices.
Accurate filter reports– The ability to filter reports by keywords is an important feature for an SEO reporting tool. This can help you see which keyword phrases are ranking well, or rank better than their competitors, on various search engines.
Data from multiple sources- It will be worth spending more money on a reporting tool that can provide data based on ranking metrics, traffic to your site, and social media engagement.
Ability to share reports with others– A good SEO reporting tool should have the ability to share reports with other team members so they can easily see which keywords are driving the most traffic and conversions.
The Ultimate List of 10+ Best SEO Reporting Tools For Personal & Agency
SEMrush is the most well-known SEO and marketing tool for digital marketers, agencies, bloggers & influencers. It provides users with an array of tools that they can use in their day-to-day activities. It can be able to identify the top-performing releases on search engines like Google.
SEMrush is a comprehensive and sophisticated SEO tool that offers many features. It lets you optimize your site for over 100 million search queries.
SEMrush includes the following tools: Keyword research, rank tracking, position monitoring, backlink analysis and alerts, domain comparison, PPC ad keyword ideas with Google AdWords campaigns management integration.
Key Features Of SEMrush:
- Keyword research: SEMrush provides you with the keywords for which your content is ranking.
- Domain comparisons: You can compare two domains to see if one ranks higher than the other in search engine results pages.
- Position tracking and alerts: It monitors how well a domain or keyword performs on Google over time, as well as the domain’s relevance to a certain search query.
- Rank tracking: It tracks your site’s ranking in SERPs for specific keywords and phrases, so you would know what needs optimization.
- Backlink analysis: This feature helps you identify links that might be affecting or helping your website in Google rankings.
- Site audit: SEMrush able to deep scan your website and gives you a comprehensive report on any potential issues, such as duplicate content or broken links.
- Keyword grouping tools (and competition analysis): This feature helps make it easier to spot relevant keywords for which your site might not be ranking well in search engine results pages.
Price: Starting price $99/month. You can try 7-days free trial first.
The Search Console is a web-based tool from Google that provides insights into your site’s activity in the search results.
The report includes: Search traffic data, such as impressions and clicks for each query or keyword phrase on your site over time. It also finds crawl errors by bot spiders (example issues include 404s) and provides a list of links to pages that Google is not able to crawl.
The Search Console also includes a diagnostic tool for site owners, developers, and webmasters who want an in-depth understanding of the crawling issues affecting their sites.
Your site will not rank or index on the Google search engine until you index your site on it.
Key features of Google Search Console:
- In-depth result– Google Search Console is a free tool from Google that helps you find out how your website is doing and what might be bothering it.
- Easy to setup– The initial setup process for GSC is straightforward once you’ve verified ownership of your domain’s you can start monitoring in-depth data on your site’s performance.
- Continuous monitoring– The dashboard will help you get more information about how Google is crawling and indexing your website, the keywords that are relevant to your articles and pages on your site, links back to your domain from other websites, and more.
Price: Free to use
Moz is the leading software for inbound marketing, which basically means that they are a company that provides everything you need to make your site more search engine friendly. It can rank higher on your site on Google and other major search engines.
The beauty of this tool is its ability to track keyword rankings across different platforms and to see how these rankings change over time.
Moreover, the tool also has a function that allows users to track their site’s backlinks and determine whether they are natural or not.
Moz provides marketing insights for your company. They do this by analyzing your search engine rankings, looking at the SERP overview, researching keywords, and building links.
Key features of Moz Tool:
- Keyword research: Moz tool allows you to find keywords that are relevant and popular. You can also get search volume, CPC value, competition level for each keyword.
- Importing Google Adwords’s data: Moz Tool has an inbuilt option of importing Google Adwords’s data which is a strong feature as it gives the best estimate on who your competitors.
- Keyword difficulty score: Moz has a keyword difficulty feature that will help you to find keywords with low competition levels but high search volume.
- SEO checklist: The SEO checklist has a few things you need to do before you publish your blog post or website. That way it will rank higher on Google Searches.
- Experimental documentation: Moz offers links to relevant articles where you can learn about SEO topics like keyword research, link-building techniques, and social media tips and tricks.
- SEO Toolbox: Moz tool has an SEO Toolbox with tools to help you optimize your website. These include onsite optimization and off-site campaigns like getting backlinks and trying to get more people on social media.
Price: Free to use for basic research. You can try 30-day free trial then the premium plan starts from $99/month.
SEO PowerSuite is a term associated with web marketing techniques that combines on-page SEO, keyword research, and backlink analysis.
The tool provides great value to online marketers as it helps them rank higher in search engines by creating high-quality content for their websites.
It solves the problem of not knowing what keywords will drive traffic to your website. It also provides suggestions for on-page optimization to make them more search engine friendly.
The SEO PowerSuite is a comprehensive set of tools for anyone in the business. It helps you with link building, keyword research and analysis, SEO, and more.
Key features of SEO PowerSuite:
- SEO optimization: It provides detailed SEO optimization for websites and blogs that lets you measure your SEO progress.
- Keyword research: It provides keyword suggestions for an article, video, or website as well as the competition level.
- 301 redirects report: You can follow up 301 redirects of your site to help you improve your site’s link juice, rank higher in search engines, and increase traffic.
- Dashboard statistics: You can monitor the progress of your SEO campaign with dashboard statistics on keywords rankings, backlinks analysis, and much more.
- Website audit: It provides a detailed checklist of website errors to help you identify and fix them.
- Banklink analysis: Track the backlinks of your site and see where they are coming from to help you identify high-quality links.
Price: Free to use for basic research. Pro plan starts from 299 Euro/year.
Ahref tool is another popular SEO reporting platform. It allows users to research, monitor, and audit their competitors’ online presence.
It is a great tool for marketers looking to learn from the best and see what strategies they can implement in their own marketing campaigns.
The Ahref tool features include organic traffic estimator, loss of backlinks, keyword research with SERPS data, rank tracker, and more. The benefits are that it allows you to analyze your competitors’ website performance, track your rank on Google, and monitor backlinks.
The tool is a useful SEO optimization platform that allows you to research, monitor, and audit your competitor’s online presence as well.
It also provides an organic traffic estimator to help you determine the potential of ranking for specific keywords in search engines like Google or Bing.
This tool will also help you create an effective SEO strategy for any business looking to increase organic traffic or rank higher in search engine rankings.
Key features of Ahref tool:
- Fixes broken links: Ahref will help you fix a ton of broken links for your site since using it.
- Keyword rank tracker: It will let you know exactly how many people are searching for keywords.
- Content analysis: Ahref is incredibly easy to use, and it comes with a ton of content analysis features that make life easier for internet marketers.
- Gives in-depth data: It will give you a lot of SEO data that is very helpful.
Price: Premium lite plan starts from $99 per month. You can try 7-days for $7.
The tool provides suggestions for keywords based on what you enter into the search bar, as well as other data sources like domain names and your competition.
It also has a keyword difficulty meter that ranks how difficult it will be to rank in Google’s first page for the keyword.
The tool also offers suggestions on what it would take to rank on Google’s first page (like more backlinks, better content, or higher quality links).
Raven Tool can help you find new keywords by analyzing your competitors’ data and exploring their best-performing content. It has a “Keywords Explorer” analysis that helps you find long-tail keywords that you can rank for.
Key features of Raven SEO tool:
- In-depth research: Raven’s proprietary algorithm calculates the next best link, which means you can grow your site on autopilot.
- Marketing report: The tool provides a comprehensive marketing report of your site.
- Keyword research: The keyword research feature lets you identify keywords that are likely to produce traffic, so they can be incorporated into the content.
- Competitor domain research: It can do in-depth research of competitors’ websites and their link profiles, and find out what they are not doing which you can take advantage of.
- Link Spy: This feature is for those who want to see what links are on the way but haven’t yet made it into your site.
- Google data studio integration: The tool integrates with Google data studio to provide detailed reports.
- Social media integration: You can integrate social media accounts to see what’s happening on each platform and how your posts or ads are performing.
Price: Sign up for a free 7-day trial then pro plan start from $39/month.
Kwfinder is another SEO reporting tool that lets you see keywords ranking, traffic estimation, and more.
You can see the rank for different keyword phrases you searched in the search bar on Kwfinder’s dashboard.
The search results page also has a SERP tab that lets you view detailed information about any result in your list of SERPs (search engine pages). You can then use this data to see if you can improve your site’s rank for the selected keyword.
The SERP tab also includes a link to download the results as an Excel file with additional information about keywords that are performing well in Google’s search engine.
This is a great tool for people who want to delve more deeply into their data without having to export it from Kwfinder.
Key features of Kwfinder:
- Longtail keyword research: It offers to research long-tail keywords and gives related search volumes in Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Competitors research: You can research your competitor’s domain to get the most accurate data.
- Keyword tracking: Kwfinder provides a tracker for you to see the keyword ranking over time in Google, Bing, and Yahoo search engines.
- Accurate keyword difficulty score: It provides the most accurate keyword difficulty score that will help you decide the best keywords for you to rank on top.
- SEO metrics: You can find SEO metrics for any website as it is the most accurate data available.
- Domain authority: Kwfinder tool will show you the domain’s SEO score that is based on many factors such as social engagement, website backlinks, and more.
Price: Start 10-day free trial then pro plan start from $49/month.
Rank Math is an SEO plugin for WordPress like Yoast SEO, All In One SEO WordPress plugin. It’s a new product that helps you get top rankings in Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Additionally, you can generate more traffic from social media as well as other aspects of the Internet.
Its advanced algorithmic features allow you to rank your site or keyword faster than other non-SEO plugin users. You can control how your post or page is indexed and ranked by search engines.
The next question is how Rank Math can be useful to us as an SEO reporting tool?
Rank Math is not only an SEO plugin but also a ranking tracking plugin for WordPress websites. You can use Rank Math to track your website’s ranking in Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
In addition, it creates charts to show your ranking changes over time, so you can see how far you’ve come or where you can improve.
A plugin option also provides RSS feeds for search engine rank changes so you don’t miss out on anything! Also, it includes many features in the premium version, those are given below:
Key Features of Rank Math as an SEO Reporting Tool
- Keyword rank tracker
- SEO performance email reports
- Google data fetch frequency
- Track top winning keywords & posts
- Track top losing keywords & posts
- Advanced content SEO report
- Keyword position history
- Google Trends Integration
- Sitemap for Videos & News
- Image SEO & Local SEO
- Google AdSense earning history
- Google search console and analytic data analyses
- Track page speed for post and page
- Track SEO performance
Price: Rank Math starts at $59 per website per year and goes up to $499 for unlimited sites. You can check Rank Math’s official website for more information and price variations.
Note: Rank Math’s free version does not offer SEO reporting features. Therefore, if you want these features, you must buy the pro version.
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool that helps measure a website’s performance and traffic.
It captures data on page views, unique visitors, engagement metrics, and location information from users in various countries around the world.
The service can also tell you how well your site/ads are doing across Google platforms including search, YouTube video results, maps listings, or even app store listings.
The Google Analytics dashboard allows you to easily see the number of visits, conversions, page views, and other info in a visual manner that’s easy to digest.
Key features of Google Analytics:
- Wide range of reports: Google Analytics has a wide range of reports, including the ability to compare data from different sources.
- Detailed information: You can obtain detailed information about your website’s traffic and user behavior on any device or operating system.
- Easy to set up: It’s easy for beginners with basic knowledge in web analytics to use this tool because you just need to create a Google Analytics account and paste the code into your website.
- Supported by AdSense: The reports in this tool can also be used as an analysis for your AdSense campaigns, which is perfect if you want to optimize them with these insights.
Price: Free to use
Last Words & Which SEO Reporting Is the Best?
Not only the above SEO tools available on the market, but you may also find lots of free and premium tools. But according to the user ratings and features, these above SEO tools are the top of all.
It does not matter if you don’t want to use any premium tool. But, if you want to rank your website in Google or even work with them on anything related to SEO (Search Engine Optimization), then you must have to use the Google search console tool.
Whereas, if you need deep research for new keywords, audit your site, research competitors’ domain, and more SEO report, you should use a premium SEO tool.
So, as you can see these 9 SEO tools are totally different in their features working strategy. So it is quite difficult to find out which one is better for your need.
Ahref is the most useful tool that shows the link profiles of competitors as a graph and list. If you want to do more research into building links, Ahref will be more helpful for that as well.
SEMrush is a suitable solution for those who want to be experts in SEO and marketing even want to research low competitive keywords for their site to rank faster on search engines.