Are you planning to start subscription selling or membership business using the WordPress website? Are you looking for the best WordPress membership plugins list in which you want to choose the best one? If yes, you are the right place in 2020.
You should know some essential information before going to discuss the membership plugin’s quality, features, price, and more things.
Let’s get started with a question, who doesn’t want to get proper value for sharing their informative words? And when it’s about the internet, it’s a place where you can get any information quickly. For getting a piece of structural information about any product or service, you have to value them who are working behind for your satisfaction.
That’s why the membership plugin comes. The crucial feature of a membership plugin is keeping website content in a restricted area. Where only paid members can access those creative, structured, and informative content.
There are so many membership plugins out there. In this article, we are going to look at about 13 best WordPress membership plugins.
Why You Need a WordPress Membership Plugin
Online money making is an easy process nowadays with the WordPress membership plugin, it’s more effective.
First things you have to know that a membership plugin lets you limit access to your website’s content to only paid users. This membership plugin provides a wide platform to grow your website.
Further, there are some reasons why you need a WordPress Membership Plugin?
You might have heard that “slow and steady wins the race.” WordPress Membership Plugin generates a steady income by requiring site visitors to pay for access to your membership site.
Your site is able to generate a consistent stream of income that increases more people to register.
WordPress Membership Plugin lets you evergreen access to content which creates more value to people. It packs into one convenient location for everyone to see.
You can build more valuable content that will inspire users to continue paying you for access.
For small business owners, email marketing strategies are a great way to improve their business. In this case, WordPress Membership Plugin helps by adding registered users to your email list.
Also, It helps to keep your list full of active members that are more responsive to your email campaigns.
This membership plugin offers access to automation. You can create content on your membership plan and customize it to make this enjoyable for your target audience. From time to time, the content does all the work for you.
Overall, things are that building a website by using a WordPress membership plugin helps you to establish yourself as an authority to your industry.
One quality content can increase traffic surprisingly on your site. Requiring payment to access high-quality content proves that you’re an expert and you understand the value of knowledge.
How to Choose the Best Membership Plugin?
When you think about purchasing a membership plugin for creating a membership site, naturally, the next thought turns on how to choose the best membership plugin?
There are a lot of options to decide. But for the best one, you need to measure depending on product features. Let’s dive into some features that help you to choose the best one.
Below are the best things that you should consider choosing the best on WordPress membership plugin.
(a) Level of Membership:
First Things when it comes to your membership plugin, know which membership level is your need. So choose between Tiered and Distinct. Tiered membership level builds upon the next.
For example, if you are on gold membership, you have access to all the contents of silver membership.
Distinct membership levels let each membership level utterly separate from one another. Like membership B has no automatic access to membership A. So the choice is yours. Think wisely before you choose.
(b) Self-service account:
“Self Service Accounts” is the essential things nowadays. This user-friendly option lets your user be free to customize their account or to change their password. Not all membership plugins provide self-service account options. So grab that one, which gives this opportunity.
(c) Payment Methods:
Offering more payment options increases the percentage of benefits. Most of all, membership plugins integrate with PayPal. But on these days, most will also integrate with Stripe, debit and credit cards, and so on. So, try to keep plenty of payment options on your site.
(d) Email Notification & Verification Process:
Sending email notifications proves, your website is pretty much concerned about the user. Through this, your site gets the user’s attention quickly. So choose that plugin that provides email notifications & verification, including.
- A welcome email, including the user’s account details.
- Account renewal email.
- Credit card expiring email.
- Failed payment email.
- User’s email verification & more
In the meantime, there are more things to consider like member stats, reports, content dripping, trials, discount, and coupons. A membership plugin with user-friendly tools brings more benefits rather than a normal one.
(1) Ultimate Membership Pro
What do you expect if a plugin already sold over 23k with good user ratings and support? Probably your answer will be fine. Yes, we have looked at this data from the Ultimate Membership Pro WordPress plugin.
This is the most compatible WordPress membership or user subscription plugin that has dozens of features to build a professional membership WordPress website.
It is the best-selling membership system that allows you to create multi-level exclusive access for your members based. Also, it supports simple free or paid packages with so many rules.
Before having any decision you can check its popular features here
- Payments option: This is a serious part of a membership site. You can add over 11 payment options like PayPal, Authorized, Stripe, 2checkout, Bank Transfer, etc.
- Menu Protection: This can easily protect all menus from unnecessary access if you enable menu protection.
- Email marketing platforms integrated: The plugin allows to integrate over 9 email automation tools. So you can easily add a popular one.
- Keywords restrictions: You can restrict any specific keyword of your membership package for specific requirements.
- Visual composer Integrated: This member management plugin compatible with the popular drag and drop visual composer like Divi, Behavior builders, WPBakery Page, etc.
- Social login: Ultimate Membership Pro offers to add a social login system along with the traditional login form. You can include up to 7 social platforms to complete the user login process.
- Dashboard stats: You can monitor all stats from your admin dashboard daily, monthly, or yearly based.
- Coupon codes discount: You can generate unlimited coupon code or add a trial package in your membership with just a few clicks.
- Custom dashboard access: If you prefer, you can create a custom dashboard for registered members or yourself to check special data.
- WooCommerce integration: This is a good feature, you never need to create a Woocommerce store membership separately because you can easily integrate it with popular Woocommerce plugin.
- Download monitor: You have full control to monitor all downloads from the admin dashboard area.
- Invoice on orders: The plugin automatically creates an invoice after successfully completing pay by members.
- Add-on packed: It includes 35 pro-add-ons packed to add unique features and styles.
Price & Support: The present price of this ultimate plugin is only $29, which is very low for its so many features. You will get 6-months free support with this current price, but you can expand up to 12 months by paying an extra $9.
The plugin support team has already responded to over 7k customer’s questions. So you will get the best support from them within an hour after submitting your comments.
Gravity Member Pro is one of the top and simple interface WordPress membership plugins that was developed by the gravity beyond team. The team is highly expert to build well-coded WordPress products.
So making multi membership or group membership website is incredibly easy with this ultimate drag-and-drop membership plugin.
The following features make it more simple and productive.
- Login and registration: This plugin allows you to build a custom login and registration form with so many drag-and-drop features.
- Trial amount & Duration: Customers easily can join your premium groups because it offers to create free or trial membership with custom duration.
- Content restriction: With the content restriction feature, customers cannot access content or resources without completing any requirements that you will pre-set in your membership package.
- Discount codes: You can allow members to grab any plans with pre-defined discount codes.
- Notifications: Both admin and member will receive notifications of every action if you configure it.
- Integration: You can integrate this plugin with the universal gravity forms plugin.
- Custom page templates: You can make your membership panel more engaged and professional with its custom page templates. (Find out more features in the product page)
Price & Support: The price of this WordPress membership plugin is only $35/year with six months of support and unlimited future updates. But you can extend support time for 12 months by paying an extra $11. Their customer support team constantly ready to respond to queries answers within an hour.
MemberPress is remarkable for its easy setup & features. It is one of the most growing membership plugins nowadays. For beginners, It is a master plugin with tons of options. Membership offers you robust access control to restrict access to any content, including pages, categories, posts, tags, files, and so on.
Below are the highlighted features
- Learning Materials: If you are selling learning material or online courses, then this is the best one for you. Its amazing features let your customers to engage on your site.
- Excellent control dripping: Through control dripping, it allows showing restricted content to members after a particular time.
- Integrations: MemberPress provides you with plenty of integrations like AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse, and Madmimi. For podcast hosting service it integrates with Amazon web services and BluBrry.
- Payment Gateway: MemberPress offers you an easily accessible payment through PayPal and Stripe payment gateways. They also support add Authorize.net
Price & Support: MemberPress comes with two different plans. You can go with their basic plan at $129 per year or with the plus plan for $249 per year.
MemberPress gives you 100% no-risk guarantee. If you are not satisfied with their service, they will refund your money. You don’t need to clarify your problems.
This is another best-selling WordPress subscription and user registration plugin for 2020. ARMember is impressive for creating any type of subscription or membership selling website without programming expertise.
The plugin is already sold over 3k that indicates users prefer this plugin to build their dream membership site. The plugin is suitable for the latest version of WordPress and Buddypress, Woocommerce, Visual composer, and more popular plugins.
Three are lots of features, below are the most core features that we have find
- Built-in Security: Security is the 1st priority of a WordPress site. You have to protect the site from hackers and malicious automated scripts. So this plugin is built-in with the latest security features like brute force login protection, IP & URL based restriction, hide WP login page, etc.
- Payment methods: You can include multiple payment methods like Stripe, PayPal, 2checkout, Authorized on your membership site so that users can select how to pay.
- Unique setup wizard: This feature will reduce your time to configure all common settings automatically within just a few clicks. Best for a newcomer.
- Opt-ins Integrations: The plugin supports popular 8 email marketing automation tools like AWeber, MailChimp, ConstantContact, GetResponse, Mailer, etc.
- Member profile: It allows users to create a complete customized profile with detailed information.
- Membership cards: You can provide a membership card to your existing members.
- Invoicing facility: The plugin offers to design custom invoices that you can send to your user’s email inbox after subscribing membership or renew action.
- Notification & coupon: ARMember provides you extra features to create unlimited coupons and email notifications for users.
- Form duplication: With this plugin, you can duplicate the form, so you never have to start from scratch.
There are more features like reports, front end widgets, auto-lock shared account, one field sign up, social login, translation ready, developer hooks captcha free anti-spam, IP based restrictions, and more.
Price & Support: A stable product has a good price that we all know. As ARMemerb has lots of pro features, so its cost is only $49 which is pretty high then other plugins hosted on Codecanyon.
It has already replied almost 1600+ customer’s comments. In our investigation, they respond to the question’s answer within 2 to 5 hours.
LearnDash is the most powerful, easily accessible, and user-friendly WordPress membership plugin. You can easily create full-fledged online courses on your site and earn money by selling them through its well-structured tool.
Know its core features that will help you to generate more knowledge about it.
- Sell courses: An interesting thing about its excellent customization. It engages your learners to take more courses that make more benefits for your site.
- Drip content: LearnDash Provides a powerful drip content feature. It allows you to roll out content to users on regular intervals.
- Integrations and Payment gateways: It has an amazing set of integrations and payment gateways. It supports payment through PayPal and Stripe. Through its integration feature you can easily connect it to MemberPress, WooCommerce, bbPress, and much more.
- Built-in Community: It is an amazing tool to create a highly engaging membership site with course specific forum, user badge, quizzes, certificate, etc.
Price & Support: LearnDash is offering you three different packages to start. You can use their basic package at $199 normally. In the meantime, they are providing you up to 40% discount on every package.
To achieve the plus package, you have to pay $299. Otherwise, you can set your deal on the pro package at $369.
You can unlock new features and learning materials based on your performance. They will provide various badges and other attractive things to present your site for learners more interesting.
(6) Paid Member Subscriptions
Paid Member Subscriptions is another best plugin to restrict product viewing, purchasing to individual members. You can easily manage member subscriptions, grant and revoke access, user subscription plan, and much more.
More features of Paid Member plugin
- Free trial: Paid Member Subscriptions offers you a free trial package. You can use that to take a look at its compatibility.
- Amazon-Prime eCommerce style: Users will get Amazon-Prime eCommerce style through this plugin. Because it is an all-in-one plugin.
- Content Dripping: This plugin provides a well customized content dripping feature for your content’s security purpose.
- Payment Gateway: You will get unlimited PayPal standard and free subscriptions, account management, email templates, restrict contents, and so many management tools.
Price & Support: This membership premium plugin offers you two different packages to go through. If you are maintaining one site, then the “Hobbyist” package is for you. It costs only $69 per year. For access to unlimited site licenses, you can go with “Pro Version.” It costs $149 per year.
If you want to refund your money, they will provide you a support ticket to explain your problem. They try to fix your problem, unless, they will pay back your money.
(7) SUMO Memberships
SUMO Memberships is a complete Woocommerce membership system plugin. It is a high selling WordPress membership management plugin that allows you to sell memberships from an existing Woocommerce store.
There are many features to create an elegant style business membership store.
- Content/Product restriction types: It allows you to create different content restriction types, good for creating large Woocommerce membership/subscription sites.
- Multiple memberships: You can link a single membership plan to multiple membership plans within just a click.
- Pause/cancel subscription: Existing members can easily pause or cancel their trial, monthly, or lifetime membership plan.
- Automatically/manually renewed: You can configure the membership renewed system automatically or manually that can reduce your time.
- Free trial/paid trial: SUMO Memberships offers to create free or paid trial even discounts for the new or existing members.
- Reward points: Members will get points for completing certain actions if you configure this feature from the plugin setting page.
- WPML compatible: This is the best feature. You can integrate it with the popular multi language plugin that will help members to translate your site with different languages. (Check more features on the product page)
Price & Support: The price is only $39 for future updates with 6 months of customer support, but you can extend it for 6 months by paying $12. The customer rating of this membership plugin is near the 5 stars. So you can ensure its quality and customer support.
(8) Ultimate Member
If you are looking for a plugin for a well-customized membership panel, then Ultimate Member can help you with that. It mainly focused on user handling rather than content management.
- Easy to operate: Ultimate Member has a user-friendly outlook. Anyone can operate it without any technical knowledge.
- Online community builder: This plugin is unbeatable for creating an advanced online community. That allows users to join and become members.
- Payment Gateways: It allows several payment gateways along with PayPal and Stripe.
Price & Support: You can purchase the extensions Pass at $249 per yearly payment. Otherwise, For the extensions plus theme Pass, you need to pay $299 per year. If you want to withdraw your installment, then you can do it without any trouble—they offer you a 30-days money-back guarantee.
(9) Frontend User Pro
When you talk about the well coded and optimized front-end plugin, the Frontend User Pro is one of the best. It is an ultra-light WordPress membership plugin that allows recurring payment. The plugins already sold 400+ in the Codecanyon marketplace with good customer ratings.
The plugin allows you to create impressive membership forms, login, register pages in minutes with drag-and-drop features.
You can check its most popular features here
- Login Registration form: It has pre-built front-end login and registration form. Not only pre-build, but it also allows you to create custom forms.
- Pre-build design: If you have not enough time to design your membership page, you can use its pre-build designs/layouts. The plugins have 16 custom pre-build beautiful design templates.
- Custom role: Member’s role is very important for a membership website. So this plugin is perfect for creating unique roles for each member, even login or registration page.
- Custom hook: Custom hooks for customizing website with unique styles. You can add an extra layer using a custom hook.
- Email verification: Every membership website should have this feature. The Frontend User Pro supports email verification when a member submits an email using the registration form.
- Guest supported features: It has many guest supported features that help to build extraordinary WordPress pro membership selling site with modern features. (Check more features on the product page)
Price & Support: Front-end User Pro has already got many good ratings from the existing customers. You can trust its quality services. The price is $27, which is the balance price. The default customer support duration is only 6 months with this current price, but the extended price is only $8 for an additional 6 months.
Teachable membership plugin is mainly for building online courses. This plugin comes with a powerful editor that helps to create and launch a stunning sales page to convert your visitor into premium users.
Learn here about the core features
- Easy to use: Teachable is easy to use without knowing any technical skills. With their structured tools you can make your course selling site more interesting.
- Drip Content: This plugin is remarkable for Including flexible drip content features. It rolls out content based on a user’s progress or subscription level.
- Built in engagement: It is apart from its competitor for its learning, marketing tools, and integration. This plugin has a built-in engagement feature that keeps engaging learners on quizzes and discussion forums. This feature brings more benefit for both users and site owners.
Price & Support: The basic package starts at $39 per month. For the professional package, you have to pay $99 per month. You can go with the business package at $499 per month respectively.
You can remove any pricing plan if you don’t use this service. Teachable has great customer support as your requirements.
When you think of designing a WordPress membership website without coding ability, the PrivateContent plugin is great enough. This is a modern user management membership plugin that has a unique form framework. You can restrict any resources, contents, or parts of your website with this WordPress subscription booster.
The plugin is fast loading and optimized for any themes and popular plugins. It also supports GDPR compliance. One of the best things is that the plugin already sold over 10k and user rating near the five stars.
Below are the core features of this PrivateContent plugin
- User private message: The plugin support sends secret messages admin to users automatically if you configure it from the plugin’s notification setting.
- Login/registration form: Unique style login and registration form makes it modern and engaged.
- Time-limited subscriptions: You can enable trial subscription, or restricted membership using this time-limited subscription feature.
- Native visual composer: The plugin supports popular drag and drop visual composer Elementor and Cornerstone. So those plugins help you to design a website with different styles and formats.
- Automatic plan’s renewal process with a reminder: This is a very important feature of a membership website. When you require to send renewal or payment reminder notification, you can do this automatically.
- Plan’s trial period: It allows to create a plan’s trail for the user’s interaction.
- MailChimp seamless sync: You can activate email automation service using MailChimp because this plugin is suitable for this popular email marketing tool.
- Quick mail system with attachment: PrivateContent supports a quick email delivery system with a massive amount of file.
- Download counter: This is a unique feature that you may not notice in other plugins. It counts every download, even lifetime downloads of your property.
- PrivateContent shortcode: You can easily generate shortcode of every feature.
- Multi-language support: It allows users to translate your website into their mother language or any other language they want.
Price & Support: You have to pay only $25 for 6 months of customer support and lifetime future update. But you have an opportunity to get additional support if you pay extra only $7 for 6 months. The support team has already responded to 2500+ comments in reply, So you will get the best support from them within a few hours.
(12) Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is a structural and powerful contender for the title of the best membership plugin for WordPress. It is beautifully integrated with the WordPress latest version & with a comprehensive payment gateway.
Below are the basic features of Restrict Content Pro
- Easy Usable: A user without having any technical skills can easily figure how to use Restrict Content Pro. While at any turbulence you also get professional support through emails with instant feedback.
- Payment Gateways: Users can pay comfortably with PayPal, Braintree, and Stripe. It also supports 2Checkout, PayPal Express, PayPal Website Payments Pro, and Stripe Checkout. Extensive free documentation service is available for every respective user.
Work with Easy Digital Downloads: The plugin is the perfect companion if you are running Easy Digital Downloads to sell digital products.
Price & Support: Restrict Content Pro offers four different packages with a 30-days money-back guarantee. Personal package stands for one website license at $99 per year wherere plus package gives five sites license at $149 yearly payment. For unlimited website license, you can go with the professional package at $249 per year.
(13) Paid Memberships Pro
Paid Memberships Pro is an easy to setup plugin for an initial membership website. But it contains much more profound levels of customization if you need it.
Its documentation is quite proper and well designed. You need not WordPress or coding knowledge to go through with some elements, but they also have a video guide on each process.
See its core features
- Easy to setup: With some technical knowledge you can use it easily.
- Content Dripping: The plugin comes with a structured content dripping feature. You can easily keep you content restricted for members.
- Integrations: It provides a well integration with 75 add-ons..
Price & Support: Paid Memberships Pro plugin offers you two different packages and a free version of the plugin. Premium package starts with the Plus package at $297 yearly and for the “Unlimited” package it costs $597 per year.
No matter if you don’t like their service. They will provide you 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days. You need to contact them if you want to refund your money.
Which WordPress membership plugin should you choose?
The answer to this question is very tough for us because there are many aspects of judging the best one. Also, it will depend on your needs which means which features you want to implement on your subscription site.
However, if you mention to us which membership plugin is appropriate for an average rating, we will recommend using Ultimate Membership Pro. This plugin has huge fundamental features, perfect for creating a pro-quality native style membership or subscription WordPress website.
We are not claiming that the other plugins are unacceptable. We have collected these plugins for their quality and features along with customer supports and user ratings.
So all plugins are good, just you check their features. If features fulfill your all requirements, you can take a buying action otherwise not.
Your property or resource is always valuable for you. So you should take care of those. When you sell your result of hard work, you should be careful of theft or any other undesirable actions.
In membership or subscription business, use a such as tool or plugin that offers you complete support even when you sleep. So before purchasing a membership plugin, check their all features and commitments, then go forward to buy.
As the resource selling business is very susceptible, so you should use a security plugin on your WordPress site. We suggest using Sucuri or iTheme Security pro WordPress security plugin that will totally protect your site from hacking or any unwanted hacking related issues.