Disclaimer: This blog is reader-supported. Some links are affiliate links. So we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you if you buy through a link in our posts.
Are you looking for the best WordPress Recipe plugins to help with your website? I know how hard it can be to find the right one that meets all of your needs. This is why I have created this list and review of what I believe are some of the best WordPress recipe plugins on the market today!
If you would like to set up a stylish website with recipes for all your favorite foods, check out these plugins that provide templates, formatting tools, and options for ingredients. Any interested learner can visit your website and browse through your listings while generating web traffic for you.
In the meantime, your website will become much more search engine friendly too. Smoothly integrating recipe plugins is not only great for SEO, it can help your visitors find what they are looking for.
Why do you need a WordPress recipe plugin?
WordPress recipe plugins are a fantastic way to add more functionality to your cooking website. With each plugin, you can configure a pre-determined layout for displaying all the details of recipes, including measurements and timing.
Effective WordPress recipe plugins include a print option that automatically prints the instructions for your dishes.
Recipe plugins are not only important in accordance with search engine optimization, but specific ones can also boost your web traffic as well. This is accomplished by providing a meta title and description for each recipe entered (as per Google Webmaster Guidelines).
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best WordPress Recipe Plugin
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best WordPress recipe plugin for your website. These include:
- Layout and Design: A recipe plugin can be either a module or a widget. The layout and design of the plugin are important, as this will affect how it works with your WordPress theme, not to mention how content visitors view your site.
- Navigation Options: Some WordPress recipe plugins are structured in a way that makes it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for without having to use any extra navigation options.
- Publishing Features (authoring, publishing, cooking time): Some WordPress recipe plugins may offer more publishing features than others; some might not even have a cooking time.
- Social Media Integration: Some WordPress recipe plugins might integrate with social media, while others may not.
- Search Engine Optimization: Some WordPress recipe plugins make it easier to optimize a WordPress site for search engines by automatically adding tags and categories to your posts.
- eCommerce Integration: If you want a WordPress recipe plugin that integrates with an e-commerce site, you will need to find one that is specifically designed for WordPress.
- Downloadable Recipe Templates: Some WordPress recipe plugins allow you to use downloadable recipe templates.
- Mobile Compatibility/Responsive Templates: With the popularity of smartphones and tablets, some WordPress recipe plugins are designed to be compatible with these devices.
- Paid plugin or free: It’s quite natural that paid plugins are better than free variants. If the developer is adequately compensated for the efforts, it means that they will put more. However, some free WordPress recipe plugins (from our list) are also quite top-notch in terms of features and can give you almost the same.
- Customizability: If you can customize your recipe card to go beyond the templates of the plugin, it will add a personal touch to your website.
- Print options & Import options: Good recipe plugins automatically add a print button to your recipe cards for user-friendliness. Data import options are also helpful if you plan to switch between plugins.
- Extra features: A save or bookmark option, a shopping list button, rating bars, recipe index, and nutritional facts — these additional features can make a WordPress recipe plugin stand out from the rest.
- Easy-to-use documentation: If you find enough FAQs and forum posts about the plugin, it generally means that the plugin is widespread and there is a good support community.
8 Best WordPress Recipe Plugins
Focusing on extreme customizability options, this plugin offers over 60 full-featured templates. The plugin also helps you generate Rich Snippets for making your website rank higher in search results. The intuitive option to let visitors review your recipes is also a good selling point.
- Meta-box options with shortcode features
- Snippet-based SEO-optimization
Price: The premium plugin casts you $19/year with six months of support.
With super-fast responsiveness and full-screen support, this recipe plugin is immensely popular among the new generation of cooking enthusiasts and food bloggers. It even supports YouTube videos, grocery list options, and time for the cooking duration. Visitors can use the add-a-recipe module to submit new recipes to your site using this plugin.
- Fully customizable along with unique shortcodes
- Intuitive control panel for the user–the Chef Dashboard
Price: This premium plugin costs you a onetime payment of $22.
Delicious Recipes is carefully equipped with the right features to help the best user experience. This plugin is simple to set up and includes a clean layout with color and layout settings for easy personalization.
This plugin is an excellent choice for better SEO performance, as it includes Schema integration. Similarly, there are easy social share options and interactive features like commenting and star rating systems to build your readers’ community.
● Quick print button with an elegant print template.
● Nutrition box and image lightbox.
Price: This plugin is entirely free and has no premium version.
This plugin simply combines all the factors I have mentioned above. It allows excellent customizability and is susceptible to frequent updates. The developers are quite well renowned in the food-blogging industry with vast expertise in the topic. So it’s a clear number one choice.
- Updated regularly with frequent redesigns
- Multiple site license with all paid plans
Price: The basic version is free while premium costs $49/year, Pro costs $99/year, and Elite costs $139/year.
Developed by the widely famous food blogger, Shay Bocks, this plugin has all the features a cooking-enthusiast would want in their recipe website. The best-selling feature is its customizability options. You can change the appearance of your recipe card and resize it to fit along with other elements on your website.
- Unique “hook and filter” feature
- Only premium plans available
Price: The only plan available is premium, and it costs $59/year along with free updates and customer support.
This plugin is solely developed by rigorous inputs from loyal food bloggers and recipe lovers instead of commercial developers. So, it’s quite clear that it has all the features you love and would need to get up and running. The one thing that sets it apart is the additional import feature that allows you to convert your previously formatted recipes to the templates of this plugin.
- Supported by Tasty Recipes Affiliate Program
- Option to include nutrient data with recipes
Price: This plugin will cost you $79/year for each website. The updates are free.
Based in Canada, this free recipe plugin can be your go-to choice if you are starting with your website and in short of funds to invest. The recipe cards allow you to add some nice extra buttons like nutrient data too.
- Completely free
- Bulk conversion options available
Price: This plugin is entirely free to use with full features.
The prime focus of this plugin is to rank your website higher than competitors in search results. If you simply want to increase web traffic with SEO-friendly recipe cards and fine-tuned URLs, you can opt for this plugin without batting an eye. The easy-to-use customizability features are also praiseworthy.
- Affiliate links support enabled
- Automatic SEO-optimization
Price: This plugin is free to use, but the premium plugin offers additional features like recipe index, nutrient calculator, rating bars, etc.
Which One Should You Choose?
From the features of the WordPress plugins listed, I can tell that Tasty Recipes is the best.
Despite that, if you are a beginner and unsure about which plugin is the best to start with, then you can go with Recipe Box. It can be an excellent plugin to look into. You will get all features of this plugin at an affordable price. One thing is that you can always check out the free version before opting for the paid plans.
In order to get the best WordPress recipe plugin, take into consideration its features and reviews. These plugins are great for creating new recipes or adding a personal touch to your website. They are really good because they are easy to use.
So find one that has quick access buttons like print, bookmark, shopping list buttons if you are doing grocery shopping. Remember that it’s possible to customize any plugin and find the best WordPress recipe plugins for you!