Bluehost is a web hosting company that offers all the features you need to start your blog or website. They are well-recognized, and they have numerous options for securing your hosting. Their control panel allows you to add contacts, emails, databases, and more with a few clicks even if you are a beginner.
It’s an affordable, reliable, and user-friendly hosting provider for those looking to host their own site. Bluehost offers unlimited web storage, email accounts, FTP accounts, and domain names with all of its plans. They offer 24/7 customer support, one-click WordPress installation, and easy site-building tools so you always have the right tools at your fingertips!
However, in this post, I am going to talk about Bluehost hosting, its features, pricing plans, and everything that one should know before purchasing a hosting plan from it. I hope this review can help you to decide if Bluehost hosting is right for your blog or website.
General Info & Hosting Overview
|Our Rating:||Our Verdict: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|SPEED:||1519 ms ( February 2021 to July 2021 ) Average 6 months.|
|UPTIME:||99.95% (February 2021 to July 2021) Average 6 months.|
|FEATURES:Unmetered bandwidth, one Website, 50 GB Storage, Free Domain for 1st Year, Free SSL Certificate and CDN, Domain Privacy, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, WordPress 1-Click Install .|
|HOSTING PLANS:Shared, Managed WordPress, VPS, Wocommerce, and Dedicated Servers Hosting.|
|APPS:||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, phpBB, and More Than 75+ Open Source Projects.|
|SUPPORT:||24/7 Live Chat, Phone, Email, Knowledge Base.|
|SITE TRANSFER:||Single WordPress Site for Free transfer.|
|PRICING:||Starting at $3.95/mo (regularly $8.99 36/mo term).|
In case you don’t have much time, here’s a quick summary of this post.
- General Info & Hosting Overview
- Bluehost Overview
- Who is Bluehost Best For?
- Pros and Cons of using Bluehost
- Bluehost Plans: What are they and what do they cost?
- What other services does Bluehost offer?
- Bluehost’s Core Promise
- Bluehost Review: The Most Common Features
- Top 3 reasons to get a hosting package with Bluehost
- Some FAQs About Bluehost
- The Best Bluehost Alternative Web Hosting Services
- In Conclusion
In the world of web hosting, Bluehost is one of the leading companies. It is arguably the most popular web host with over 2 million domains under management. The company was established in 1996 and it has been growing ever since.
Currently, you can choose from three types of hosting solutions provided by Bluehost; shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting. They also offer managed WordPress and Woocommerce hosting separately. It will surprise you that Bluehost is highly recommended by WordPress.org. Therefore, you need not worry about any part of Bluehost’s service.
Who is Bluehost Best For?
Bluehost is best for those who are looking for easy and affordable hosting/options for creating a website. It’s also great for bloggers, small businesses, and personal users. If you are looking for a web host that covers everything related to a good web hosting service then you should definitely use a Bluehost hosting package.
Besides, Bluehost hosting would be great for you if you are just starting out with creating a website and want to find an easy, effective way to do it. The free WordPress installation tool will be very useful for beginners who would like to get started without having to tinker too much.
Also, it is definitely going to be the best option for those who aren’t looking for a complicated and advanced hosting service.
Pros and Cons of using Bluehost
- Free Domain: Bluehost is one of the few hosting companies that provide a free domain name with every account. The domain will be free for one year. Bluehost does not charge hidden fees when renewing a domain.
- Free Cloudflare: The free Cloudflare CDN will rate-limit abusive bots and cache your site’s static content close to your visitors so they don’t have to download it again. This feature is also useful for reducing server load, which should help you to save money on hosting costs.
- 1-click WordPress installation: There is no need to install any WordPress plugin or manually upload a file. If you are not technically savvy, new users might find this step very difficult to complete, and they might end up making some serious errors along the way that would make them regret using Bluehost at all. This makes the process of installing WordPress quick and easy.
- Free SSL certificate: Bluehost will give you a free SSL certificate for your site and it is included in every single package. The SSL certificate will protect sensitive information like your login pages, forms, and checkout processes on credit card processing sites.
- Easy-to-use website builder: You can easily use the online step-by-step Bluehost website builder to create a unique website that reflects your personality and brand. The step-by-step guide is very easy to use, even for a non-technical person who might be new to website building.
- 24/7 customer support: Bluehost has 24/7 customer service with online chat and phone support Eastern Standard Time (EST). They also have a knowledge base, FAQs section, troubleshooting tips page, tutorials, forums, and other resources. 1-click WordPress installation and unlimited domain parking are two of the top features that most users would like about the Bluehost service for sure.
- Beginner-friendly: The 1-click WordPress installation and easy Bluehost website builder are the highlights of this web hosting service that is completely suitable for beginners. It’s easy to use and affordable as well.
- The renewal rates are higher: Bluehost offers a very low price that includes all features. But, when you renew the plan, the renewal rate is higher than it was when you first signed up.
- No free domain privacy protection: Bluehost doesn’t protect your domain privacy for free and it has to be paid if you want to get this feature on all your domains.
- Charges for site migrations: If you are not satisfied with Bluehost and want to move your site to another host, there will be a cost for that. The costs may vary depending on the size of the files being transferred or the number of sites in a package.
- Not the best fit for high-traffic sites: If you have a site that has huge visitors, this could be too slow. It’s also not the best host for sites that have high traffic and require large amounts of storage space or databases. Sites with millions of page views per month should look at hosting plans from other providers.
Bluehost Plans: What are they and what do they cost?
Bluehost offers 4 different hosting packages you can select from all of which include unlimited disk space and bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, free domain name, easy WordPress installation, and 24/7 customer support.
In shared web hosting your site will be hosted on a server that also hosts other sites. Because of this, there are boundaries (such as limits to bandwidth, storage space, number of databases, and so on) that you need to adhere to in order not to slow down the entire server or affect the performance of other sites stored on it.
Bluehost shared hosting plans start from $3.95 per month and are perfect for up to 2,000 visitors every day as well as a Free Domain Name.
With Bluehost’s basic shared hosting plan, you can host only one site and get 50 GB SSD storage space, unlimited monthly data transfer, and free one-click WordPress installs.
Not thus, they offer free CDN with the Basic hosting plan, on top of that you will get free SSL! If you don’t want to install WordPress, with this plan you can use its ready-made template that is sure to satisfy even the most demanding visitor.
What’s more, you will get 24/7 customer service and an easy-to-use site builder!
If you are a blogger or small business looking for a reliable, fast, and affordable hosting solution with 1-click WordPress install and free CDN, then shared hosting of Bluehost will be a great option for you to start with.
Try Bluehost Shared Hosting
With VPS hosting, you can have more control over your site. VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, which means that your server will be split up into smaller partitions referred to as Virtual Machines or “VMs”.
VPS hosting is similar to dedicated hosting but with more flexibility – if you are not using all the resources at hand, other sites can be hosted on your VM. This way you will get more resources to work with at an affordable price!
Bluehost offers four VPS hosting plans. The standard plan includes 30 GB of SSD space, 2GB of RAM, and 1 TB of bandwidth. Also, all of the VPS plans include email accounts as well as free Cloudflare CDN and easy WordPress installation.
Besides, if you are looking for a VPS hosting provider, Bluehost is your best choice because they have been in the business since 1996 and currently host over 2 million domains worldwide!
With Bluehost VPS hosting you will be able to host your site on a virtual dedicated server which ensures that your website is hosted on a separate hardware server that is both reliable and secure. It has a lot of perks compared to shared hosting as with a VPS hosting you won’t have to share your server with other websites and individuals, which means fewer limitations for you.
They offer multi-server management and guaranteed resources so you won’t have to worry about spikes in CPU or if your server is oversold. The last thing you should know is that they offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which means you will have a more reliable hosting solution compared to other VPS hosting providers!
However, the Bluehost VPS plan starts from $19.99/month to $59.99/month. So according to your needs, you can choose the best plan for you!
Dedicated hosting means that your site will be hosted on a dedicated server and not split up with multiple sites. This is the ultimate solution for any company or business looking to get as much control as possible over their web presence. Bluehost offers three dedicated hosting plans: Standard, Enhanced, and Premium.
A standard plan starts at $79.99/month for 500 GB of SSD storage space, 4 GB of RAM, and a 5 TB bandwidth limit. You can host as many websites as you want on this plan. Additionally, all dedicated hosting plans include a free domain for the first year.
Besides that, Bluehost offers free dedicated IP addresses, cPanel and WHM with Root, SSL certificates, and more with every dedicated hosting plan. You can also upgrade your hosting storage within the same plan if you need to.
However, the only drawback is that the dedicated hosting plans are a bit expensive, but you will get an unbeatable hosting experience, so it will be worth the price!
Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress hosting is a service that provides web development and security. It means that Bluehost will be responsible for the security, speed, and performance of your website.
It is a good choice for small business owners or bloggers as you don’t need to worry about technical issues such as maintaining the server and dealing with hackers.
Bluehost offers three plans of managed WordPress hosting: Build, Grow, and Scale. You can host one website on each managed WordPress hosting plan offered by Bluehost. You also get daily schedule automatic backup, malware detection, and removal, domain privacy + protection, staging environment, free SSL, 200+ Global Edge servers, and more features.
However, each plan comes with a different price. The Build plan starts at $9.95/month, Grow plan is a little more expensive at $14.95/month, and the latest Scale plan costs you $27.95/month. Storage space starts from 20 GB to 80 GB.
We have differentiated each managed WordPress hosting tier with the traffic capacity.
- Build plan cost – $9.95/month, best for traffic 50,000/month
- Grow plan cost – $14.95/month, best for traffic 1,50,000/month
- Scale plan cost – $27.95/month, best for traffic 5,00,000/month
Managed WordPress hosting is next-level hosting. It is a cost-effective solution for small business owners or bloggers who want to have complete control over their hosting and web presence. Before purchasing, you can go through the plans that best suit your website!
What other services does Bluehost offer?
Along with web hosting service, Bluehost also offers other services that we have shared below:
Domain name registration
Bluehost offers cheap domain name registration services. You can search their website for the right domain and register it at a very reasonable price. Currently, they have over 100 million domains registered on their website and thousands of new registrations are being added every day.
You can only register a domain with Bluehost if you have purchased a hosting plan from another hosting provider. Keeping your domain with Bluehost is much safer than purchasing it elsewhere.
If you don’t have the technical knowledge or skills to build a website, you should try their website builder. It is a drag-and-drop website builder that anyone can use to build a website. All you need to do is sign up for their hosting services, register your domain name, and start building your site. Everything else will be taken care of by Bluehost.
Bluehost also provides email services including Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, and more. You can use these email accounts to send emails from your website domain using Bluehost webmail as well as other 3rd party tools such as Zoho or Google apps/services or SugarSync etc.
Bluehost mailing service is more secure than creating an email account with your domain. They have a dedicated team that monitors all incoming and outgoing emails 24/7 to ensure that you get only the best email experience. Moreover, they offer unlimited aliases and multiple mailboxes to ensure you have a separate mailbox for each mailing service.
Bluehost email plan starts from $4.99/month with domain name email, 1 mailbox, 15 GB storage, Outlook web access, and more. They offer a total of 3 plans, so you can choose the one that fits you the best.
Bluehost provides hosting services for online stores that run on WordPress. You can install the WooCommerce plugin to create your online store with ease. Bluehost will handle all the technical things including domain name and hosting for free.
You only need to pay $12.95/month when you purchase a Standard online store hosting plan.
Live WordPress Support
Bluehost offers Blue Sky 24×7 support for WordPress sites. All you have to do is sign up for their services and they will take care of everything including auto backup, updates, security, etc.
Live WordPress support starts from $24/month that includes On-demand tickets, account access, Back-Up assistance, design guidance, and more. But if you choose Blue Sky PRO plan, you will get more SEO features like Bluehost SEO Tools, Content Optimization, Landing Page Optimization, Mobile Optimization, and Constant Contact (500 Contacts).
Therefore, if you do not wish to be stressed while working on your website, you can choose the basic plan, and if you wish for more features, you may choose the PRO plan. However, it is best to choose from different support plans based on your requirements, purchase date, etc.
Professional marketing services
In addition to hosting services, Bluehost also offers professional marketing services like SEO, Social media management, Adwords campaign setup, and more. If you don’t know how to promote your website or start an online business with your website, you can ask them to help you out.
The cost of their professional marketing service is not disclosed on their website but the cost will depend upon your requirements. You must send a request consultation message to their sales department if you want to know the cost of this service. Within 24 hours, they will contact you so that you can discuss the price.
The following four services that Bluehost offers to its customers.
- SEO Services: They can help you to improve your search engine ranking which not only helps in getting more visitors to your website, but it also increases the organic visibility of your business.
- Full-Service Website: You can get a custom website from scratch or you can choose from their many designs. Bluehost will design, host and maintain your new website for all your Internet needs.
- Pay-Per-Click Services: If you want to attract the right people to your website, you need a high clickthrough rate. Bluehost provides a Google Adwords or Pay Per Click service that helps in getting relevant visitors to your site.
- Website Migration: You can move your existing website to their servers by hiring them. But if you want to know the cost of this service, it is best to contact them or sign up for their services.
Bluehost’s Core Promise
Bluehost provides free daily backups for all the customers. Moreover, you can also get an offsite backup for your WordPress site by hiring a Bluehost Backup Pro plan which costs $14/month.
As a Bluehost customer, you will get free weekly resource protection with the help of an extensive bandwidth and Disk IO monitoring system. Its resource protection process prevents your website from getting slow or crashing.
This is the most important part of website security. Bluehost offers a malware detection service to prevent your website from harmful factors like viruses, Trojan horses, and more. With other hosting plans, you may have to pay for this, but Bluehysot managed WordPress hosting plans include this feature free of charge.
Bluehost provides all the necessary security for a WordPress site including web hacking protection, brute force attack prevention, file permissions, and more. Additionally, you’ll receive free daily backups of your website data.
Bluehost provides a network monitoring service to their customers in order to detect any unexpected changes or disruptions. It will help you to resolve the issue quickly. They apply network monitoring to all their web hosting plans.
Bluehost also provides security measures like DDoS protection, intrusion prevention, SQL injection protection, and more. Security protection or measures can help you to prevent any outside hacking attempts.
Bluehost Review: The Most Common Features
All Bluehost plans come with a control panel which is one of the most common features in most web hosting companies. It helps you to manage your website as well as all the other things like email accounts, databases, backups, and more. You can easily access it from your desktop or even mobile devices.
The control panel of Bluehost is designed in a clear manner and it comes with lots of helpful features. You can easily use them without having any technical knowledge. Whether you are a new Bluehost customer or an experienced one, you can easily manage your website from the control panel.
One of the best things about Bluehost is that they offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee to all their customers. It means if your website is down for even a second, they will provide you with another month of hosting absolutely free. No other web host provider can beat this service and it helps in keeping your business safe from any revenue loss or damage.
Wehbsite Speed (Hosted on Bluehost)
First of all, I tested the performance of Bluehost from Singapore. I have hosted my site with them recently and decided to do a speed test as well. The following tests were performed on June 2021:
You can switch from one Bluehost hosting plan to another at any time without worrying about the extra charge. In case you don’t like their service or are not satisfied in any way, you will get your money back with no question asked.
Bluehost offers a 30-day full money guarantee. You can ask for your money back within 30 days and get a full refund. However, they will charge an extra fee if you transfer to another hosting company after using their services.
Top 3 reasons to get a hosting package with Bluehost
1) Best Web Hosting Company For Beginners: Bluehost is one of the most popular hosting companies in this category. They offer reliable and user-friendly plans along with additional freebies. Beginners will definitely love to try these shared WordPress hosting services. You can buy any plan from their website without thinking twice about it because you will never be charged again.
2) 24/7 Customer Support: It’s hard to imagine any hosting company offering round-the-clock support, but Bluehost does it. They provide dedicated and professional support via live chat, phone calls, or emails. Their support team is ready to help you all the time you need it.
3) Bluehost Website Builder: The first and the most important reason to choose Bluehost is that they provide a website builder with all their packages. No other web hosting company provides a free site builder with their low-priced plans. It’s like an extra advantage or perk of choosing Bluehost for your WordPress website.
Some FAQs About Bluehost
Is Bluehost a good web host?
Yes, Bluehost is a good hosting provider with powerful and reliable services. I have been using their shared hosting plans for the past few years and found their customer support to be excellent. Their technical team is very experienced, that’s why I never face any kind of technical problem while using their services.
Is Bluehost a fast host?
I have tested the performance of Bluehost from various locations on the web. The results were satisfying and much better than other hosting providers in India and the US. Even though their shared hosting plans aren’t suitable for heavy sites, I don’t think it’s a major issue when compared to their pricing plans.
Can I trust Bluehost?
Yes, you can definitely trust Bluehost if you want to start your own WordPress website. They are a trusted and reliable web hosting company with extensive experience in this business. You will never face any kind of billing problems during the purchase or renewal process because they offer a 30-day full money guarantee to all their customers.
Is Bluehost a good host for WordPress?
People these days prefer to use WordPress CMS for their business or personal blogs. The platform is really user-friendly, with its own resources. The best thing about WordPress is that it has numerous plugins and themes that make your website more functional. If you want to host your new or existing WordPress site, then there’s no better option than Bluehost.
How secure is Bluehost?
If security is your top priority, then it’s the best time to consider Bluehost. They offer numerous options to secure your hosting account along with a data backup facility that helps you a lot when something unexpected happens. If you have invested a lot of time and effort into building a WordPress site, you should use Bluehost for hosting it without a doubt.
Is Bluehost only for WordPress?
No, Bluehost is not just for WordPress CMS. You can use it to host almost any type of website along with your email accounts and MySQL databases. Their control panel allows you to add contacts, emails, and databases with a few clicks even if you are a beginner.
Is bluehost.in is as good as bluehost.com?
Bluehost Technologies owns both hosting companies, but bluehost.in is only available to Indian customers. If you want to host your site in India then make sure to choose bluehost.in for its local services and support team.
Read: Cheap WordPress Hosting In India: Best For 1st Choice!
What payment options do they offer?
Bluehost offers all the major payment options like PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards (VISA, Mastercard), Moneybookers, Google Checkout, and others.
Is Bluehost really worth It?
Bluehost is the cheapest hosting provider if you are using it for your WordPress site. You will not find any other web host offering a complete package of the domain name and a site builder at such a low price.
So in my opinion, it is really worth it!
Which one is better, Bluehost or Hostinger?
Both companies offer web hosting services. Bluehost has all the features you want for your website while Hostinger is more focused on providing quality services at an affordable price.
Hostinger offers shared and Cloud hosting with a free site builder, but its pricing plans are quite expensive as compared to Bluehost’s low-cost WordPress hosting services.
You can easily opt for Bluehost if you want to start a new blog or website while Hostinger is more suitable for improving the performance of your existing site. The decision depends on your choice and budget.
Read: Bluehost Vs Hostinger: Which is the best?
The Best Bluehost Alternative Web Hosting Services
Hostinger is an excellent alternative, especially for those who are having a tight budget for their hosting services. The more affordable plans allow you to host multiple websites while keeping the cost low at the same time.
But you can also choose…
Bluehost is the best web hosting company for users who want to create a website at an affordable price. The easy-to-use control panel allows you to manage your account quickly and easily, and the live chat support system is available 24/7 through the ticket system or telephone. So if you are not satisfied with their services, then you can easily claim your refund within 30 days.
Therefore, if you are planning to start a blog or build a website on WordPress, then go ahead and choose Bluehost for hosting!