If you’re running a website, it’s important to ensure that your data and information are secure. That’s where Sitelock comes in – they provide security for your website so that you can rest easy knowing that your site is safe from hackers and other online threats.
But what exactly is Sitelock, and why should you use it for your site? Let’s take a look.
What Is BlueHost Sitelock Security?
Sitelock is an online security company that protects websites from viruses, malware, hackers, and other threats to your site.
They monitor activity on your website 24/7 so that you don’t have to, and they take action if their software detects a threat.
Sitelock runs scans of your site daily to detect malicious activity and protect your website from these threats. If Sitelock identifies a threat, they’ll remove it for you.
Their 24/7 security monitoring software can even block cyberattacks in real-time.
With Sitelock, you’ll enjoy fully managed malware removal that’s included in all BlueHost website hosting packages.
Sitelock also includes email scanning, blacklist monitoring, and more – all at no extra charge.
Plus, they monitor your site for up to 30 days after the initial infection is cleared so that you don’t have to worry about running scans on your own.
How Does Sitelock Security Work?
Here’s how their security system works:
Start your website at $2.95/m with this special Bluehost deal! You get hosting for one year, plus free domain name registration and free site transfer. There are no contracts, and you can cancel at any time. Plus, they offer 24/7 support through email or phone.
The first thing Sitelock does is monitor your site for malicious activity every day, including ransomware, Trojan horses, viruses, etc.
Since Sitelock monitors your site for intrusions 24 hours a day, you don’t have to worry about anything related to site san. The software automatically blocks any detected threats, so you can rest easy knowing your site is protected against nasty stuff like data theft, identity theft, and other cyber-attacks.
Bluehost Sitelock even sends you an email alert whenever it detects suspicious activity on your site. They’ll also send you weekly performance reports with details about the activity detected and the status of your site.
Sitelock scans your entire site, not just individual pages or files – this way, you can rest assured that everything is clean from top-to-bottom.
In addition to protecting your site from threats, Sitelock also keeps an eye on your website’s blacklisting, security, and performance. That way, you don’t have to worry about whether or not your site is blacklisted for any reason.
Also, it will let you know if there’s an issue with your website that could affect rankings in search engines like Google or Bing.
Is Sitelock Trustworthy?
When you talk about Sitelock trustworthiness, I am talking about the following:
I am sure that I have read something positive about Sitelock being trustworthy. But I am not sure.
My Sitelock reviews don’t seem to indicate that it is trustworthy. So I think you should look for more information yourself. Perhaps you could find out by reading Sitelock reviews online or by reading Sitelock review sites.
Googling “Sitelock trustworthiness” returns results that seem to indicate that it is trustworthy. Sitelock usually has a bad rap, but it is trustworthy based on my research.
Benefits of Bluehost Sitelock:
- Reputation Protection: Despite ranking high in search engines, websites often get hacked. Once a website is hacked, the hacker will attempt to control it. This results in the website having altered content, strange redirects, and potentially even malware. Sitelock detects and alerts you to these problems and helps you fix them.
- Increased Traffic: Once your website is no longer hacked, Sitelock restores its original content and layout. This results in better search engine rankings and increased traffic.
- Digital Security: Digital Security is used to stop malware, blocks malicious traffic, and include URL scanning with real-time updates. This option also provides web application firewall (WAF) protection from SQL injection attacks, cross-site scripting attacks, remote file inclusions, directory traversal attacks, and other vulnerabilities.
- SiteLock Login Security: SiteLock Login Security protects against threats like brute force attacks. It automatically locks out users who fail to enter the correct login credentials too often. It will also protect your WordPress admin area by limiting password guessing attempts.
- Sitelock Security Seal: SiteLock’s Security Seal makes sure that website visitors know that you are secured with SSL/TLS digital certificates. It also lets you set up 2-factor authentication, an extra layer of security that requires people to use something in addition to your password when logging into your site.
- Sitelock Security Monitoring: Sitelock automatically monitors many security features for all websites on its platform.
- Better Search Engine Rankings: Sitelock has its own set of core web technologies that help you to achieve better search engine rankings. These include sitemaps, social media meta tags, and advanced page descriptions.
- More Sales and Conversions: More people visit your website once you start seeing better search engine rankings. This increases sales conversions.
Drawbacks of Bluehost SiteLock:
- SiteLock does not scan every site on the server, only the one specified by the customer.
- SiteLock may sometimes be confused with malware, leading to more false positives.
- It does not guarantee that content is completely free of malware.
- SiteLock may block some processes that are not considered malicious. For example, PHPMyAdmin is often blocked by Sitelock
- Bluehost SiteLock only provides basic security.
- It does not protect from pharming, man-in-the-middle attacks, session hijacking, and other advanced threats.
Bluehost Sitelock Pricing:
Generally, Bluehost does not include the price of Sitelock features with the total hosting price. Therefore, if you want to buy Sitelock with your hosting plan, you must buy it separately.
|SiteLock Plans||Initial Rate||Renewal Rate|
Below are the pricing plans with a few conditions:
- Sitelock Lite: A Sitelock Lite plan can be purchased for $35.88/year, covering unlimited scans and 12 hours of response time.
- Sitelock Prevent: A Sitelock Prevent plan can be purchased for $179.88/year, covering unlimited scans and 6 hours response time.
- Sitelock Prevent Plus: A Sitelock Prevent Plus plan can be purchased for $299.88/year, covering unlimited scans and 4 hours of response time.
So, the prices are affordable if you consider all of Sitelock’s features.
Do I Need Sitelock Security On Bluehost?
You already know that Sitelock has many benefits. So if you want to get all the help of this tool, you should use it with your hosting. Not only Bluehost, but you can also use Sitelock with any hosting providers.
So I think, if you have enough budget, you should go with Sitelock.
You must know that you should use a dedicated IP if you use Sitelock on Bluehost (or another hosting provider). But if you don’t want to invest too much money in hosting. In that case, I recommend you go with other options like any other WordPress security plugins.
How to Order SiteLock Security Essential Package Extra add-on from Bluehost?
To get SiteLock on Bluehost, you have to:
Sign in to your Bluehost account and go to the “My Account” page. Then, under the “Hosting” section, click on “Manage All” on the left menu.
On the top right corner of your account page, click on “Package Item Add/Remove.” Then, in the “SiteLock” section, start a new order.
Another way is that you can buy Sitelock with your 1st order of hosting plan.
Just simply choose the ‘Sitelock’ option on the checkout page. The price will automatically be included in the cart.
So, these are the best ways to get Sitelock on your Bluehost account.
If you don’t want to go with Sitelock, I would recommend you use options like
I personally like iThemes Security Pro for all in one WordPress security solution with lost cost. Also, WordFence is a good plugin for basic security and firewall.
So you can choose any one alternative to Sitelock. You can also read the top WordPress security plugins of this year.
Yes, siteLock is a valuable security tool to protect your website from malware and other online threats. However, it’s not a silver bullet and should be used with other security measures like strong passwords and firewalls.
If you’re not sure if siteLock is the right solution for you, consult with an expert to find the best security strategy for your business.
Note- You can revoke a siteLock subscription anytime. After your subscription expires, your site will be unlocked and free from active website security.
So if you value your online business/website, you can use Sitelock to get advanced security benefits. It is worth using Sitelock with Bluehost.