Here is a quick comparison of GeneratePress Vs Astra
Creating a sophisticated user-friendly WordPress website has always been the top priority for fellow webmasters. But what to choose and how to choose has always been a lifelong battle. To spice things up, two of the biggest themes of WordPress have come down to an epic face-off.
Yes, we will talk about the epic Generatepress vs Astra theme battle. Both of them are really good themes for your website. But which is the ultimate conqueror of the throne? We are here to find out.
Today we will put our point of view on the best WordPress theme for your website. We will also choose the worthy claim to the throne. So, do stick till the end because this battle is going to be epic.
So let’s get started…
- Generatepress Vs Astra: Introduction
- GeneratePress Features
- Astra Theme Features
- GeneratePress Vs Astra: Pros & Cons
- GeneratePress vs Astra: Page Builder Compatibility
- GeneratePress vs Astra: Starter Sites
- GeneratePress vs Astra: Ecommerce Integration
- GeneratePress vs Astra: Support and Documentation
- GeneratePress Vs Astra: Pricing
- Quick Comparison Between GeneratePress and Astra
- GeneratePress Vs Astra: Which One Is The Best?
Generatepress Vs Astra: Introduction
As you know, we are talking about two of the best WordPress themes today. We will be getting along with both of them first. Then slowly, we will move to all the valuable insights. These facts will determine the winner of this epic battle.
Coming up first is, Generatepress which is a free WordPress theme although it has a premium version for extending features. So you can quickly crank the level up by going premium. Young and energetic dad, Tom Usborne has built this beautiful WP plugin for fellow webmasters.
Generatepress is very popular for three specific reasons which are speed, usability & and clarity. Speaking of usability, it has currently over 70,000 active happy customers. So, clearly, it is really fun and easy to use.
Now, we will be pulling the lights on to the other competitor that is WP Astra Theme. Unlike GeneratePress, Astra was built by a young and enthusiastic team of individuals who call themselves ‘Brainstorm Force’.
The guys from the company were developing sites. But slowly they realized that all the currently available themes are super annoying to update, as they used to break down. To save themselves, and fellow webmasters, they developed and launched Astra in 2017.
It is comparatively new in the market, Astra has found a bright fortune for themselves. The theme is the fastest and the most versatile in the market so far. The premium package comes with a bomb of cool features!
As both of the themes had a proper introduction, we will be moving forward into the arena now. Let the Generatepress Vs Astra Theme Battle begin!
First of all, we will be looking at all the major features. So here goes nothing:
Lightweight and Fast:
GeneratePress is efficiently coded and well emblemed. That’s why it is pretty fast compared to the other themes in the WP catalog. The free AKA default theme is pretty basic, like the stock WP ones, but going premium will certainly lift the stakes up high.
Responsive and Compatible with any Browsing Platform:
Now, One of the biggest problems for developers is to make compatible ready products for different devices and platforms. But, lucky for us, GeneratePress is very much responsive to this matter. That is why it is compatible with all the leading web browsers in the market.
Smart and Creative Modules/Add-ons:
Speaking of creativity, Addons are one of the core strengths of GeneratePress. There are a bunch of cool add-ons that help to customize the website professionally. These addons are:
- Color: It has over 60 different options to choose from. So, you will get your favorite color to choose from the wide collection.
- Typography: One of the major complaints in other themes is the lack of fonts and font-related options. This is solved here with all the fonts (Even Google Fonts!) and other fonts-related options!
- Page Header: Feeling dull? It allows you to edit the page header with images, fullscreen contents, parallax, and a bunch of other wonderful stuff!
- Sections: You get to create different sections. Not only that, you will be able to customize those individually.
- Menu Plus: This is a unique feature for sure! If you want a floating menu bar or a sticky menu option, slide-out or similar ones, then that is of GeneratePress!
- Supportive Plugins: You can use some supportive plugins that are developed by the GeneratePress developers. These plugins help you to add more features to your GeneratePress theme. You can find the plugin on the WordPress plugin directory.
Advance Navigation Feature:
Want to give your site a cool and unique look? But your theme is not allowing you to do that, right? Then move to GeneratePress. Here, you will be able to create and adjust many settings that will certainly make your website presentable.
So, as you can see, the stakes are really high now. There are some other additional features, You can check out those on GeneratePress official site. Also, we will be coming up with a full review. Let us see what the Astra theme has to offer.
Astra Theme Features
The features of WP Astra theme are pretty cool, so let us dig into that real quick.
- Loading Time: Astra Theme loads in just half a second! Yes, this is pretty fast. On top of that, it is pretty easy to use as well. Just good research and a little roaming around the dashboard will get things going real quick for you!
- Powerful Design Features: Like GeneratePress, Astra Theme also comes with a good amount of additional add ons and designing options. These are:
Also, it has different useful layouts like headers, blogs, single pages, posts, and a lot more sets the theme with a pleasant vibe.
- Transparent Header: This is a cool and unique option for this WP theme. This allows the header to sit on the page transparently and also allows the page to pull up to merge the header background and the page. Note: Using the Astra theme to make a transparent header is supper easy than the GeneratePress theme.
- Mobile Headers: Astra allows you to adjust and recreate header breakpoints, set logos, styles, colors, and a lot of other designing options. Heads up, all of these are optimized for mobile devices!
- Dedicated Sidebar: You can create or customize a dedicated sidebar. It is a unique feature of Astra Themes. In addition, you can also create page-centric sidebars. That means, different settings for different pages!
- Astra Widgets: With the Astra theme, you can add an address widget, which will display your address anywhere on the page. You can also add social icons widget and info list widget using the Astra widget plugin, all of these without a single line of additional coding.
Astra Supportive Plugins
Like the GeneratePress theme, Astra has supportive plugins to enhance premium-like features. You will get all supportive plugins for free in the WordPress plugin directory.
One of the best plugins is the Stater template which is good for designing and adding pre-built templates on WordPress websites. Below are the plugins developed by the Brainstorm force.
However, we have gone through the major features of both themes. Now, will know about their pros and cons. So let’s check…
GeneratePress Vs Astra: Pros & Cons
- Page Builder Compatibility
- Flexible Header Options
- Many Customizer Options
- WooCommerce Integration
- Extensive Documentation
- Quick customer support
- Custom Layouts
- Pre-build Templates
- Custom widget and Sidebar
- Fastest Theme
- Flexible Header Options
- Flexible Mega Menu Feature
- Extensive Documentation
- WooCommerce Support
- Page Builder Compatibility
- Custom Layouts
- Lots of demo templates
- LearnDash Support
- Free Version Is Very Limited
- Blog Post Styling Is Basic
- Sidebar style not good like GeneratePress
- Customer support is not good as GeneratePress
- Free Version is Very Limited
- Not include header button like Astra
- Not As Many 3rd Party Integrations Or Options
GeneratePress vs Astra: Page Builder Compatibility
GeneratePress is well compatible with all major page builder plugins. In short, if you’re using a popular page builder plugin to build your site, it should work with GeneratePress out of the box.
You can use Beaver Builder, Elementor, or Visual Composer, Divi builder to create and design pages with GeneratePress. And you can even use those plugins and the WordPress Customizer together.
GeneratePress lets you adjust some elements in the page editor. You can enable or disable these elements of the WordPress page editor that perfectly works with any page builder.
You can enable or disable the following elements:
- Sidebar layout: choose between a sidebar on the left and right.
- Footer Widgets: include or exclude footer widgets.
- Content Container: choose the content container to be displayed on mobile view.
Also, using the GeneratePress Pro version, you can disable the following elements from the WordPress default page editor.
- Top bar
- Primary navigation
- Secondary navigation
- Featured image/page header
- Content title
In the free Astra version, you can’t get all Astra elements. But it is expected that pro versions of Astra have all features that you can use to work with any page builder.
- Sidebar Element: The Astra sidebar element is added using an add-on plugin, which makes it easy to use with any page builder.
- Content Layout: you can choose the layout of the content area for both mobile and desktop views.
- Transparent Header: You can choose to enable or disable the transparent header.
- Page Header: You can customize the page header with your own background image, color, and title.
- Sticky Header: A sticky header that sticks to the top of the browser when scrolling down. So you can enable and disable it.
You can also turn off the following features by unchecking the individual box:
- Primary header
- Featured image
- Footer bar
GeneratePress vs Astra: Starter Sites
Both themes offer pre-made templates with a bunch of demo content, layouts, and designs. So you can use these right away to build your first site.
GeneratePress offers different starter templates. You can choose a pre-design template from business, blog, small shop, store, portfolio, personal blog, freelancer or agency, magazine site, newsroom, membership site, and book store from its site library.
Whereas, Astra offers lots of demo templates for you to use or customize to your needs. You can choose different types of pre-design demo templates from blog, business site, creative portfolio, eCommerce store (WooCommerce), food & restaurant website (Yummy Samples), an online magazine from its pre-design template store.
GeneratePress vs Astra: Ecommerce Integration
Both the GeneratePress and Astra themes are fully compatible with popular eCommerce plugins. They offer tons of customization options, multiple layout styles, and compatibility with WooCommerce, WP e-Commerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and more.
Using GeneratePress, you can customize the following Wocommerce elements.
- Display cart in menu
- Display mini cart sub-menu
- Menu item icon
- Menu item content
- Display breadcrumb
You can also customize the Wocommerce sidebar layout, product columns, image alignment, and more Woocommerce options. So overall, Generatepress is good for creating an excellent custom design eCommerce site.
Astra plugin offers the following customization options for Woocommerce. But make sure to check out this tutorial on how to customize the Woocommerce elements using Astra.
- Single Product
- Product image
- Cart Page
- Checkout Page
Not only above settings/elements, but you can also customize lots of Woocommerce related settings in the Astra pro version to control your individual products and catalog.
GeneratePress vs Astra: Support and Documentation
GeneratePress provides detailed documentation with easy search and pagination. It also includes a knowledge base that contains guides, tutorials, tips & tricks, and walk-through videos.
It also offers online ticket support via its website, and you can also get help from the community forum.
As for Astra, it provides support via email and the official website, where you can find theme documentation and tutorials as well.
To get theme support from Astra, you need to submit a ticket through the official website, and their team will get back to you as soon as possible. Astra does not have a forum/community support page like GeneratePress.
GeneratePress Vs Astra: Pricing
In the pricing battle, definitely, the WP Astra WordPress theme is the winner because you will get lots of features and benefits with just a single license.
GeneratePress has two pro plans one is $59 for one-year update and support and another is $249 for lifetime update and customer support. But one thing is that you can use a single license on up to 500 websites for just $59. Hence, you can use a license for unlimited sites if you spend $249.
GeneratePress offers a good promise to its customers. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee which is pretty good.
Whereas Astra has three pricing plans. They offer to purchase Astra Pro for only $59/year as a regular price with one year update, support, and unlimited website uses. Also, the Essential bundle is only $169/year with WP portfolio premium plugin + all Astra pro features.
Not thus, if you have a big agency, you can buy their complete Growth bundle that costs $249. A growth bundle is a complete product bundle to grow your agency business.
With the Growth bundle, you will get the WP Portfolio Plugin, Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder, Ultimate Addons for Elementor, Convert Pro Plugin, and Schema Pro Plugin which is really awesome. But you have another surprise that they offer free access to SkillJet Academy so you are worth around $1199 FREE! That is amazing.
Like GeneratePress, Astra offers good promise. But not better than GeneratePress. They offer only a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Comparison Between GeneratePress and Astra
|Comparison||GeneratePress and Astra|
|For the speed test||Both are the same. It is hard to choose a winner here.|
|For Third-Party Integration||Astra wins the battle by a hairline margin.|
|For the Documentation||It is a tie!|
|Support||GeneratePress levels the score.|
|For the Starter Sites||Having a large catalog has secured the point for Astra!|
|Pricing||Both of them come at similar prices. However, Astra serves a greater motive with dedicated pricing options.|
|WooCommerce||Both of them are Woo compatible.|
|Features and Demo Sites||This has been the game-changer for Astra. As it has a ton of features and demo sites to choose from.|
|Winner:||*Drum Rolls* The winner is Astra!!!|
GeneratePress Vs Astra: Which One Is The Best?
For having a ton of options and more versatile accessibility, Astra has emerged as a winner for today’s GeneratePress Vs Astra Theme battle. But we cannot ignore GeneratePress because it is more clean & good user-friendly even lightweight. That is why we are using the GeneratePress theme on our blog here at WP Basic Pro.
However, you can use any of them because both are excellent for creating any type of website and compatible with all free & premium plugins.
So that was it for today. Will see you guys in yet another exciting battle. Chao!
For further reading: