The best comparison battle between Hostinger Vs Bluehost
Hostinger and Bluehost are two of the most popular web hosts in the web hosting industry. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, but which one is better?
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Types of Web Hosting Solutions
Hostinger offers various types of web hosting solutions for all website needs. Whether you are looking to host a WordPress blog, an e-commerce store, or anything else. Hostinger has the perfect solution for you because they have several web hosting solutions.
- Shared Web Hosting: Shared web hosting is the most common type of plan that you’ll find on Hostinger.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud Hosting is for those with a small website and budget.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is for those who want faster hosting for WordPress sites.
- cPanel Hosting: cPanel hosting is for those with a small website and budget.
- VPS Hosting: VPS Hosting is for those with a larger website that needs more storage and resources.
- Minecraft Hosting: Minecraft hosting is for those with a Minecraft server.
- CyberPanel VPS Hosting: CyberPanel VPS Hosting is for those who need a control panel with a Lightspeed server.
There’re three different types of web hosting solutions offered by Bluehost. These include Shared, Dedicated, VPS WordPress, and Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions.
- Shared Web Hosting: If you’re new to website design or if you don’t have a big budget for your site, then shared hosting is the best option for you.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting is the most expensive web hosting option, and it’s for those who really want to get a lot of power from their website.
- VPS WordPress Hosting: This package has all the benefits of both dedicated and shared packages with no limitations or restrictions.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is the most popular option for those who want to run a site using WordPress.
- Managed WordPress Hosting Solution: If you’re looking for security expertise, then this one’s for you.
Price Comparison Of Both Hostinger And Bluehost
Hostinger and Bluehost offer a variety of plans. So the price depends on the plans and features you are looking for.
Below I’ve shared only the price of shared hosting’s basic plan. But if you need to know the price of other hosting packages like managed WordPress hosting or dedicated hosting, you can visit their official site and check the pricing plans.
- Hostinger plans start at as low as $1.39/mo and go up to $3.99/mo (depending on the plan)
- Whereas, Bluehost shared hosting plan’s price starts from $3.95 – $13.95/mo.
Features Comparison of Hostinger & Bluehost
Bluehost is the oldest and most well-known web hosting company in the world. Hostinger comes from Estonia, as one of the first Eastern European companies to offer cloud services on a global scale. The two providers have some common features & some uncommon features. Let’s see the core features of both hostings.
Hostinger’s shared hosting plan is very affordable in comparison with most other providers on the market.
In fact, they offer one of the cheapest plans out there for this kind of service (especially if you take into account their generous promotional offers). This is a great way to start your website or blog and get a high-quality hosting plan for the lowest cost.
There are four types of Bluehost shared hosting plans: All plans provide high-performance Linux servers on the latest hardware with a 99.99% uptime guarantee, 24/365 customer service, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Hostinger shared hosting core features:
- 1 Website
- Free SSL
- 30 GB SSD Storage
- 100 GB Bandwidth
- Managed WordPress
- WordPress Acceleration
- 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Live Chat Support and more.
Bluehost shared hosting core features:
- Host one website
- Free CDN
- Free SSL
- 50 GB SSD Storage
- Free domain for one year
- WordPress Acceleration
- One-click WordPress installation.
- 24/7 Live Chat Support + phone calls and more.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Performance
Hostinger and Bluehost are both well-established hosting providers, which makes it hard to say one is definitely better.
Hostinger has been in the hosting industry for many years and they are proud to say that Hostinger web hosting is among the top five providers of shared web hosting services on the planet with more than 150,000 satisfied customers worldwide.
They offer you a 99% uptime guarantee which means if your website goes down or suffers from any downtime, they will back money to you (Condition apply).
It’s very important to make sure your website has enough power and bandwidth, hosting with Bluehost gives you a high-quality web hosting service that will ensure your site stays up and running 24/365 with no downtime or server problems.
The performance of Bluehost is excellent. The company has been around for over 15 years and they’ve seen the Web evolve into what it’s today.
Also, they have a proven track record when it comes to delivering top-quality web hosting services, backed by their 24/365 customer support team that can assist you with anything from installing your WordPress blog to using your domain name.
Server Security Comparison
Hostinger and Bluehost both offer some impressive security options.
Hostinger offers a variety of server security options with every web hosting package. Some packages come with higher levels of encryption and domain protection than others.
They offer that level of SSL Certificate for your website’s content and connections. In addition to the standard Apache installation, Hostinger also features two other types: Litespeed and Nginx.
Hostinger offers a high level of security for their client’s websites, with many options when it comes to that protection.
Bluehost has taken steps to make sure that its servers are safe for hosting websites. They have a security team consisting of an Internal and External group.
The team works together to monitor the global network 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They also use various methods such as firewalls, anti-virus software (AV), and spam filters to ensure that your server stays secure.
Also, the Bluehost Security team monitors the network 24/seven and can respond quickly to any protocol issues or vulnerabilities which may arise, helping you stay safe online.
Server Uptime Comparison
Hostinger has a 99.84% server uptime rate, meaning that your websites won’t be down for more than 24 minutes in one year. The company’s hosting infrastructure is located on isolated networks with high-capacity, low latency connections to all major backbone providers and ISPs.
Hostinger’s core network has been designed to handle the additional load of all their customers. Every server is built with redundancy in mind, so even if one server fails it’ll be automatically replaced by another.
Site loading speed is also comparable, with Hostinger coming in at a blazing average of 505 milliseconds.
Bluehost is a hosting company that offers reliable web hosting. They provide 100% server uptime and 24/365 customer support for all customers at no additional cost to the user.
This means you don’t have to worry about your website going down, or if someone has attempted internet fraud on it.
Bluehost comes in at slightly lower loading speed at 502 ms on average.
So if you’re looking for a hosting provider with higher uptime, Bluehost is a clear choice.
Hostinger Vs Bluehost: Data Backup
Hostinger offers an automatic backup feature for all of its hosting plans (except Shared Single & Premium plan).
As an added security measure, Hostinger will keep your website’s data backeup in case of any unexpected incidents that may arise on the server.
Whereas, Bluehost does not offer this service only two shared hosting plans one is BASIC, and another is PLUS. So except for these two shared plans, you’ll get daily automatic data backup in all other plans of Bluehost.
Note: For these two plans of Bluehost and Hostinger, you can use a WordPress backup plugin that will reduce your backup-related worry.
WordPress Hosting Comparison Between Hostinger & Bluehost
Hostinger offers WordPress hosting for people who just want to get started without any hassle. This can be useful for beginners who don’t care about all the technical details or more experienced users who are looking for a quick setup process in order to quickly deploy their content.
Bluehost offers two types of WordPress hosting solutions with a one-click installation that starts automatically when you enter your domain name. This makes it easy for beginners to get started with WordPress.
Hostinger WordPress Hosting Features:
- 100 Websites
- 100 GB SSD Storage
- Free Domain
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free SSL
- Google Ads Credit
- Weekly Backups
Price starts from $1.99/mo to $11.95/mo.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Features:
- 1 Website
- Free Domain – 1 year
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Free CDN Included
- Free SSL Certificate
- Custom Themes
Price starts from $3.95/mo to $6.95/mon.
(Features can vary depends on the price)
Bluehost Managed WordPress hosting:
Bluehost Managed WordPress hosting offers all the features of their regular hosting with advanced security and performance.
Advanced Security Features:
- DDoS Protection Free – 24 Hours a Day
- 24×365 Monitoring by Expert Staff
- Free SSL Certificate (new)
- Malware Detection and Removal
- Performance Test Automatically Run Weekly to Ensure Continuous Performance Improvement.
Advanced Performance Features:
- Dedicated Resources, Optimized Code, and Content Delivery
- Cache Headers & CDN for Unlimited Full Page Loads (new)
- 200+ Global Edge Servers
- Automated Backups Daily or Hourly
- Daily Offsite Backup – Multiple Data Centers in the US with Redundant Systems (new)
- WordPress Compression Tool toleration Service
- 24×365 Expert Monitoring
- Unlimited Site Transfers (new)
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Kit Included (new)
- Daily Data Replication to Prevent Outages (new)
- Security Scanner with Continuous Updates for WordPress and Plugins (free, new)
Customer Support Comparison
Hostinger is a perfect choice for any business owner looking to save money and still get quality customer support. Its live chat option makes it easy for customers to contact their hosting provider with the help they need, 24 hours per day, seven days per week. But Hostinger does not provide phone call support.
Whereas, Bluehost customer support like Hostinger. Along with quick chat support, they have phone support as well. But one thing is that you need little time to connect with Bluehost’s chat agent than Hostinger.
So if your business is a start-up and needs an always available host to provide support for all their customers, then Hostinger is perfect!
Hostinger vs Bluehost: Pros & Cons
- Reliable web hosting company with a high-quality LiteSpeed Web server.
- The excellent uptime guarantee on all plans.
- Price is the most affordable option for starting out online.
- Free domain registration for one year.
- 24/hour live chat and a ticketing system.
- Online knowledge base for finding answers to any question.
- 24/hour live chat
- Solid uptime
- Good support for WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal hosting.
- One-click application installers for popular software packages such as WordPress, Magento, or PrestaShop.
- Security features of WordPress hostings are better than shared hosting.
- No phone number to call for customer service (live chat, ticketing system)
- Security features are not so good.
- No free domain registration (you have to pay) but you can find an affordable domain name at sites like GoDaddy or Namecheap.
- A little more expensive than Hostinger.
- Security features are not strong enough for shared hosting.
- Not so good for Drupal hosting because of a lack of application installer support.
In Conclusion & Which is the best?
Hostinger vs Bluehost is a question that many people ask before they decide to switch their hosting provider. They are good, but they are different. You might want to look at reviews to find out what host might be best for you.
They both offer some additional advantages like a free SSL certificate, CDN service, backup which could prove useful if you are running a blog or an online store.
However, Hostinger is cheaper than Bluehost, which means it would be the perfect web hosting service for anyone who doesn’t need over one website and just wants to save money in general.
Besides, Bluehost is for those who need the best web hosting solution with high server security & uptime.
Bluehost is also good for WordPress-managed hosting that has more advanced performance and site security features than Hostinger.