In the beginning, choosing a security plugin for a WordPress site is tough. That is why you are very aggressive to know iThemes Security vs. WordFence. If you are doubtful about which security plugin to use between iThemes and WordFence for your website, you have come to the right place!
In this post, we will guide you thoroughly, which security plugin is suitable for your website. Also, we will compare these security plugins in detail from several parameters. Well, let’s get started!
Concept of iTheme Security?
iThemes Security takes various measures to protect your WordPress site. WordPress sites are usually an easy target by hackers because of plugin vulnerabilities. The security plugin can tackle over 40+ vulnerabilities and can also fix common holes and build up user certifications.
General Concept of WordFence?
Wordfence security has gathered over 2 million dynamic users. It is trendy and famous for several reasons. The plugin is easy to use & effortlessly to setup; although, there are few situations where it does require some manual configurations, and it gives you a server-side scanner that is powerful.
Also, It scans your entire installation & the whole process is quite excellent. Wordfence provides a highly secure web application firewall, which operates at the endpoint, ensuring your server with better protection than other cloud firewall alternatives.
Key Features of iThemes Security Plugin:
- Enforces strong password
- Sends out security reports
- Google Recaptcha will defend your website.
- Comparing online files.
- Locks out users having too many failed login attempts or with 404 errors
- It has Two-factor authentication for logging in a feature that gives an extra security layer and Short-term Privilege intensification
- Track users when they edit contents, log in or logout from the site
- Key Features of Word Fence:
- Scans the public configurations very efficiently
- Well-customized firewall suite includes country blocking, manual blocking, real-time threat defense, and brute force protection.
- Real-time monitoring prevents hack attempts, including their source, IP address, time of the day, and time spent.
Key Features of WordFence Plugin:
- Scans the public configurations very efficiently.
- Well-customized firewall suite includes country blocking, manual blocking, real-time threat defense, and brute force protection. Real-time monitoring prevents hack attempts, including their source, IP address, time of the day, and time spent.
- Implements a site-wide firewall to guard you against global threats.
- The country blocking feature helps you to protect your wp site. It is designed to stop an attack, stop content theft, or end malicious activity that originates from a geographic area in less than 1/300,000th of a second. Blocking countries that are frequently creating unsuccessful logins.
- It has Two-factor authentication for the login feature that gives an extra security layer.
- Leaked PW protection: information breaches have become all too frequent lately, arming attackers with millions of usernames, passwords, and other sensitive data. Wordfence now includes protection against these specific threats.
Comparative Analysis Between Wordfence & iTheme Security
Wordfence allows free sign in, but its genuine star feature is the real-time threat resistance feed, considering that it is a subsidiary of an analytics company.
Wordfence uses this feed to alert users to hacks and compromises. It also utilizes this extensive network to keep an eye on the renowned IPs of attackers; it will block them from entering all websites having Wordfence installed.
iThemes Security prevention system can also detect changes in core files, hacker’s action, editing nucleus files, will be notified to you through email. It enforces secure password usage and blocks users after one too many login attempts. It is useful to keep malicious bots out of the site from brute force attack.
After testing both plugins, we found that WordFence Security is a useful security plugin, because of its significant bant load on your server and has a clunky user interface.
One on the other side, iThemes does have some features which may slow down your site. Still, overall works better than Wordfence, and you can easily avoid the traffic and jamming problem as iThemes security has various features to choose from that will be the best for users on their website.
Comparison Between Wordfence & iTheme Security:
The similarity is that they both have two-factor authentication, alert modifications, malware scanners, and file-change detectors, but Wordfence repairs it, provides extra service and does a content safety check for you.
Ithemes security license for 1-site will cost you about $80 and for ten sites will cost you approximately $127 per year.
Wordfence pricing plan works a little differently than iThemes. 1-site license costs about$99. But, the more licenses you buy, the bigger the discount you get that’s the catchy part here
So as for the pricing, we see that iThemes is more affordable however there’s one thing, the price 1-site licenses don’t differ by a lot. So you can go and purchase whichever plugin you prefer. But if you are willing to buy more than one license, iThemes security is the more feasible choice.
Pros & Cons of iTheme Security
- Super easy to install, just by a few clicks.
- Less complexity.
- Suitable for beginners to start with.
- iThemes Security makes regular backups of your WordPress database, allowing you to get back online quickly in the event of an attack.
- This plugin is useful for defensive measures only and should not be relied on for full shelter.
- Does not offer complete protection of your sites, such as partial spam protection and malware cleaning.
Pros and cons of Wordfence:
- It has built-in Firefall.
- WP security scanner checks and repairs files that have changed by overwriting them with a pristine, original version and quickly delete any files that don’t belong.
- Provide some unique tools like cell phone sign-in and password auditing.
- Complex configuration.
- Those who use the community version are delayed by 30 days.
- Paid members can get customer support priority, while other customers sadly have to wait to receive their services.
Our Final Verdict:
We believe all WordPress websites benefit from installing a security plugin. If you are a beginner and about to start, ithemes Security is just perfect for you as it is suitable for smaller business websites, whereas Wordfence is ideal for a more prominent business site with sensitive data.