502 bad gateway, this error is one of the most common WordPress errors and can be quite frustrating to deal with. This blog post will answer your question and go into detail about how to get rid of this error.
There are many reasons why you might see this error, but the most common one is that there is a problem with the server. We’ll show you what causes this issue, and how to troubleshoot it!
What is 502 Bad Gateway Error?
The 502 Bad Gateway error is a common WordPress error that occurs when there is an issue with the server. This typically happens because of either network connectivity issues or something wrong with the servers. There are a few other problems that can cause this too.
Besides, it occurs when a server does not receive the data it expects in response. The information sent back to the client may be corrupt or incomplete, so this code can also indicate a network problem on either side of the request-response communication channel.
Also, a 502 error indicates some sort of internal system failure and can happens if your website’s hosting provider has been properly configured with an SSL certificate and all other necessary security precautions.
When you see a 502 bad gateway error message in WordPress
When you see a 502 bad gateway error message in WordPress, it means that the site is down means not loading on web browsers.
The 502 bad gateway error is a WordPress error that will most likely cause problems with your site’s operation, including issues loading pages and troubles receiving or sending emails.
If you’re seeing this message and it doesn’t seem like anything on the page has changed at all, there might be an issue on your server itself which needs to be looked into by someone in technical support for your web host provider.
What are the causes of this error?
A 502 error is usually caused by a server issue. The website may be down, overloaded, or experiencing other technical difficulties that are preventing it from serving pages to visitors.
Make sure the problem isn’t on your end by checking. You can connect to any site at all and then try browsing the internet after a few minutes.
The most common reason for this happening is because of a lack of resources in the server (the hoster may need to upgrade their infrastructure), which causes all other connected sites hosted by them to have similar issues as well.
How to fix the 502 bad gateway error in WordPress
This error typically occurs when there is an issue with the hosting server or something that could be fixed on a site-wide level. It means that WordPress can’t connect to your database for some reason and it’s not able to fulfill any requests from the browser.
The 502 bad gateway error will usually happen in large websites/blogs, but if you’re using shared hosting, then anything can cause this error at any time!
Below are a few steps to solve this issue
- In most cases, a 502 bad gateway error can be fixed by clearing your browser’s cache or cookies and then refreshing the page. This will usually take care of it for good!
- Make sure to log out of all sessions on the website in case there is an issue with your account that may affect other computers using it.
- You should also review any third-party services (like plugins) as they might be interfering with WordPress’s ability to load correctly because of conflicts or outdated versions. Sometimes upgrading them resolves everything automatically without the extra effort needed from you! In case you can contact the developer of that plugin or theme to let them know about this issue.
- Try minimizing the number of active plugins or scripts on your site, especially if you use a lot of heavy ones.
- If you are using CDN (content delivery network), then you should disable it for fixing this issue. Because 502 bad gateway can happen due to misconfiguration of CDN network.
- Consider upgrading the hosting plan to one which is more suitable for running high-demand websites/blogs such as WPEngine, Kinsta, or Bluehost.
Does 502 bad gateway mean blocked?
No, 502 bad gateway error is usually caused by a high load on the server. This may be because too many people are trying to access your site at once or it’s not configured correctly for serving content over SSL/HTTPS.
Most of the 502 gateway error is caused by the hosting server because of too many connections or maintenance work. However, we have shared the possible guide to fix the 502 bad gateway error, which will help you fix 502 bad gateway errors without having much hard work.
If you are still suffering a problem of this error after trying the above methods, please leave us a comment below and we’ll try our best answer for you!