WordPress is a powerful CMS that is used to make Websites on the Internet. As per the market stats of 2020, WordPress has around 37.6 percent of sites that are made on WordPress CMS Platform Currently.
WordPress is easy to install but to migrate your already setup WordPress website to other hosting servers is a bit tedious task to complete it. Thanks to the available WordPress migration plugin which takes a few mints for migrating websites to different hosting servers with a single click of the plugin installed on your website.
Top 5 WordPress Migration Plugins:
There are numerous free wp migration plugins as well as paid plugins available for WordPress migration. Free Plugins have fewer features as compared to paid plugins for migration. Some of the Top 5 WordPress Migration plugin-free, as well as paid, are mentioned below.
WordPress migration duplicator plugin:
Duplicator is one of those migration plugins that allows you to copy, migrate, move and clone websites easily with zero downtime of the server.
- It can schedule automatic backups.
- It can manually backup your entire website or any specific section of it.
- It can move, copy, clone, or migrate WordPress site between web hosts or domains.
- It can have a connection to Cpanel access from the installer plugin.
- It is a multisite migration plugin.
Pros and Cons
- It provides step by step migration wizard once you use the installer plugin for migration.
- You don’t need to install your WordPress website at a new destination.
- For non-coders as well as new ones it’s easy to import/export all the SQL scripts.
- You can manually take backups of the complete website or certain part of your website.
- If you have a large website then you need to go only for the premium version for better features.
- It’s very complicated for beginners to use it.
Price: It is available free as well as a paid version of the plugin. The price starts for the duplicator pro as one time for $59 for a 1-year update and support and goes till $359 for a lifetime purchase and support.
All-in-One WP Migration plugin:
The All-in-one WordPress migration plugin is one of the best WordPress plugins with many features available with it. Like other plugins available for WordPress in the list, this is only a migration plugin but not a WordPress backup plugin.
- It has drag and drop features for the complete transferring of files.
- It has basic features with the free plugin to download and can be uploaded at any other location.
- The plugin has a big list of hosts with the migration plugin.
- It can be stored on thirty party software services like One Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- The plugin has Unlimited access to replace or find the operations on your database files.
Pros and Cons
- It supports different hosts along with different versions of PHP.
- It supports older WordPress Version up to 3.3.
- The plugin is Mobile-Friendly in use.
- It has a simple drag and drop for transferring files.
- It is unable to restore the backup files from the server.
- Its free version supports only 512 MB size for import of files.
Price: Its free version offers to use basic features whereas the premium version is $69 for lifetime usage with all free and premium features.
Super Backup & Clone
Super Backup & Clone Plugin comes with the backup, clone, and migration features. It also comprises a dedicated import so you can easily import any of your backups to a new installation WordPress location.
- It has options for numerous cloud and personal storage.
- The plugin excludes certain files, folders, or database tables.
- It has routine schedule backups off-site.
- It can restore or migrate a WordPress site using file upload or using saved snapshots.
- It can be linked to third party software services such as Dropbox, Amazon S3, Local Server, Google Drive, and Rackspace.
Pros and Cons
- It can migrate the entire website to install or replace a certain part of website options for migrating solutions.
- It has panel access from which any backup version to the current server can be made for migration.
- You can migrate multi site into a single site and vice versa for migrating sites.
- Backup of multiple off-site storage can be done to locations so you got to know about the safety of site data.
- It has many features which might be a little worried for those who are looking for basic solutions to it.
Price: The price of the plugin is only $35 for a single license with 6 months support.
Backup Guard Plugin is a plugin that handles backups, migrations, and restoration of files. It is available in both free as well as paid versions. The plugin is not so popular among the competitive plugins but serves with impressive features and a clean user interface to multiple users.
- You can scheduled site backups that can be automatically setup.
- It comes with full sets of multiple tools like migrations, backups, restorations, and security.
- It has good emergency supports which is available 24×7.
- Notifications of email are received as soon as backups are completed or migrations are done.
- Uploading to cloud storage options like Dropbox, GDrive, One Drive, etc.
Pros and Cons
- It has 1-click solutions for a backup.
- You can schedule automatic backups.
- It supports a multi-site WordPress network.
- It has remote options for storage locations eg. Dropbox, One Drive, etc.
- The free version is too limited with features to use.
Price: It is one of the most expensive migration plugins starting with $46 for a lifetime license with 6-month customer support.
WP GoLive Plugin
WP GoLive Plugin is used to migrate website from localhost to live host server or from server to server with few fields to be filled up. It can also serve as a transfer tool to simplify your process of migration to a new domain purchased.
- It can transfer the files automatically via FTP.
- The plugin automatically exports the database files from the source of your server.
- You can import the database of files into newly created databases.
- You can update the old URLs to the new URLs of the databases.
- You can update the WordPress WP-Config.php file.
Pros and Cons
- It can make the clone easily anywhere of your live website in the server as quickly as possible with this plugin.
- If you want to update your code regularly into your site then you can simply automate the process with this plugin.
- This plugin doesn’t require the prior installation of special files or components.
- Sometimes hosting server doesn’t allow remote connections to be done.
Price: The price is only $45 for a regular license with few features and $16 for an extended license with multiple features. It is available on codecanyon.net for purchasing it.
Note: This plugin is not available now
Which one should you prefer?
Here, we had listed above the best 5 WordPress migration plugins, if you want to migrate your WordPress website with a little technical setup for yourself, then Duplicator will be the best choice.
Besides if you do not want to buy a premium one, you can use All in on wp migration. But here has a limitation that you can not migrate the site if your website’s file more than 512 MB. The plugin is the best only for the low file size or new website to migrate.
There are free as well as paid migration plugins for the WordPress website. It entirely depends on your requirements and features for the usage of a migration plugin.
Some are available only on the Codecanyon site and some are free to download. So decide your self or you can use our recommended WordPress migration plugin for migrating websites easily.